Intro

iVillage Member
Intro
Thu, 10-29-2009 - 7:39pm

Hi everyone!

I'm finally de-lurking after about a year of reading the board :). I think you guys have a great support system and I was hoping I could join! I started having problems with credit cards a few years ago but I stopped before it got too out of control and now I have no credit card debt, the only debt I have is my car payment and student loans.

Right now my fiance and I are saving like crazy so we can buy a house in the next few years and eventually start a family. I'm in property management and my fiance is going to school to become a paramedic, he just recently got out of the navy.

I'm looking forward to getting out of debt and getting to know you all better!

Ashley

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: navyluv21
Thu, 10-29-2009 - 9:18pm

Welcome Ashley and congrats on your upcoming wedding.

Sounds like you are one smart cookie already. You know how important it is to save for what you need and pay down debt. Keep up the good work and thanks for introducing yourself!

When are you planning on getting married?

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-29-2009 - 9:55pm

Hi!!

We are getting married in June here in Omaha.

I'm so excited about it but I haven't had much time to think about that since my puppy Sadie passed away last weekend :(. She had kidney disease and it took her away from us in a matter of days, it has kind of killed me a little. She was only 16 months old. But time is helping me heal.

Its nice to "meet" you!

Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-29-2009 - 10:12pm

So sorry about Sadie. You were able to give her a loving home in the time she had here. That is very important!

June wedding sounds fabulous! My DH (husband) hates the summer so we had a winter wedding in December. I loved it. :)

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-30-2009 - 9:39am

What a wonderful story.

Norma

"Patience is the best remedy for every trouble"- Plautus

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-30-2009 - 11:15am

Welcome to the board. Sorry to hear about Sadie. That must have been rough.

My boyfriend and I too have car and student loan debt. You sound younger though so you have more time to pay those things off and as far as debt goes it supposed to be the best kind as the education can earn you money in the form of a job and you have something concrete to show for your debt(the car). So good for you for paying off the CCs and saving for something you want. This is a great place to be accountable but it sounds like you will be so good luck!

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-30-2009 - 12:34pm

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Sadie.

Norma

"Patience is the best remedy for every trouble"- Plautus

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-31-2009 - 5:27pm

Welcome to the board.

My son was doing pretty good money wise then he decided to get married and it all went out the window His money and debt is out of hand now. The wedding just got away from him.

Just some friendly advice plan plan plan and don't go over board for one day.

Good luck to you in whatever you do.

Mary Ann

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-31-2009 - 11:17pm
I really wanted a winter wedding but my family is so big and busy that June is the only time it would work. I bet your winter wedding was beautiful!
Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-31-2009 - 11:21pm
Wow I don't know how you handled that, I nearly fell apart a few times this week. And now with the new puppy I'm extremely paranoid that she is going to get sick. :( I hear that time makes everything better so I'm just taking it one day at a time.
Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-31-2009 - 11:26pm
Thanks Mary Ann - we saved for the wedding for about 4 years and with our parents contributing as well we have the wedding paid for already. I am crazy about budgeting these days so every dollar is counted for, we were pretty good about not getting out of hand, I would feel silly spending very much on one day!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Pages