Karen's Intro....

iVillage Member
Karen's Intro....
Thu, 12-31-2009 - 1:04pm

Hello All~

I have been lurking around for awhile now and finally ready to jump in.

KAREN
Proud mom to
Kalvin (Aug '96) and Kolto
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-31-2009 - 2:23pm

Hi Karen,

My name is also Karen. And I have boy born in 1997! One in 2000 as well. Two boys are a handful aren't they? I love your boys names with the K's. Neat.

I wanted to welcome you and wish you luck in your journey. It is a tough go if DH is not on board for this reason: If you cut back on something and he continues to spend you will become resentful. So make sure you have open lines of communications and ask yourself how you "feel" all the time and let him know. Give credit where credit is due but you have to tell him when you are upset.

Cheers and good luck on your financial future!

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-31-2009 - 2:36pm

Hi Karen,

I have read your intro. Glad things are going as well as they are for you and your family. That is quite an accomplishment.

Welcome to the board!

I have similar goals. My fiance and I have three kids between the two of us. We are in our forties. He has a good job and his own business. We have our usual monthly expenses, plus 18K on credit, 17K on an auto loan.

We just worked out our budget for the next year. We have the same goal as you, to pay off the new found debt and in order to do so we need to live with in our budget the best we can.

Should work out just fine.

I am a compulsive shopper. I started here on DSG five years ago and have calmed my out of control debting down completely. I did it by keeping this web page open on my computer all day and night, LOL! I had to fight fire with fire.

I really gained ground once I started posting weekly in the Monday Checkins section! I've been doing that for years and it worked!

Welcome Aboard!

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-31-2009 - 3:52pm

Karen, welcome! I am really not a good person to give advice, since I am in debt up to my eyeballs but I am working on that!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-31-2009 - 5:13pm

Hi Karen, I'm Kate.

Kate

empty purse

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-31-2009 - 6:33pm

Thanks to all for such a warm welcome!

KAREN
Proud mom to
Kalvin (Aug '96) and Kolto
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-01-2010 - 9:49am

Hi Karen, I'm E! :) Welcome to the board. I'm pretty new and still learning about budgeting, etc. I just wanted to say hi and encourage you to reach your goals! :) I really think being conscious about your spending makes a HUGE difference. Once you're 100% honest and aware of where you put your money, your whole life can change. I personally just keep a hand written record of my budget and spending, that's what works for me. Good luck with everything! :)

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-02-2010 - 6:05pm

Welcome Karen.

One thing that helps me is that I take out the money for the month's groceries, gas and spending and separate it into envelopes.

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-02-2010 - 9:49pm
Welcome, Karen! I bet you'll be amazed at how motivating it is to write all that out and post it. Something about seeing your own words in print can really put a footprint on your behind. I wish you lots of success and look forward to sharing the journey!

Photobucket

FLINGING DEBT:
Sarah