Hi, I'm new!

iVillage Member
Hi, I'm new!
Fri, 01-15-2010 - 10:14am

I have finally started to get my debts in order. I have compiled who all I owe what to. I am now doing a two month budget tracker by writing down or keep the receipt for every penny I spend, this even includes the $.55 bag of chips out of the vending. That way I can see exactly what I spend all my money on. I'm tired of being like "dang I know I had $XXX where the heck did it go?"

I actually feel good and less stressed knowing that I have a folder full of the items I need and a plan to get my life straight. I joined here just for the support and other tips/advice.

Please click here to visit my website to fulfill all your Gold Canyon candle, personal care or home cleaning needs. Also if you want to be a rep, I am always available!

Please click here
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-15-2010 - 10:58am

Welcome just_mindy! :) Tracking every penny of your spending is an incredibly helpful and eye-opening thing to do! :) Keep it up! I did it several years ago to learn where my money was going and I do it now as a part of maintaining/following my monthly budget. Good luck to you! :)

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-15-2010 - 11:10am

Welcome,

Good for you for writing it down. That is a very good 1st step. It really lets you know where you can cut back to pay off more debt.

Have a good weekend.

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-15-2010 - 1:02pm

Hello and welcome,

It does feel good to have a plan of action doesn't it?

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-15-2010 - 4:57pm
Welcome.
Wedding
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-15-2010 - 7:26pm
Good for you. I agree writing down what you spend is a great way to help you in your debt free journey. This is something I am trying to do more consistenlty. It's hard, and I loose track sometimes.
Welcome and post often.

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-15-2010 - 8:09pm
Thanks for the positive thoughts everyone. It is hard to write down everything. I have allowed myself to become so lazy not just financially but everywhere in my life. It's easy to go buy some shoes, books and a milkshake but it's hard to save money, pay debt and lose weight. I'm trying to change my overall life of procrastination and laziness which is in the long run the real problem!

Please click here to visit my website to fulfill all your Gold Canyon candle, personal care or home cleaning needs. Also if you want to be a rep, I am always available!

Please click here
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-16-2010 - 6:13pm
Hi and welcome! I'm new to this board as well and my new year's resolution was to begin tracking my spending habits too. I've done it since Jan. 1st and it's been great! I've found out that I've been spending way too much on groceries and have already cut way back when I go to the supermarket. I clip coupons,stick to the sales,and plan my meals ahead of time so I don't go out and get a pizza or take-out for dinner just for convenience sake.