Trip to ER today

iVillage Member
Trip to ER today
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 4:09pm
I was right they said it was Round Ligament Pain. I did get a songoram and got to see my wonderful baby moving around and the heartbeat was loud and strong. They checked my kidneys to make sure nothing was wrong there. I did have a very small cyst on one of my ovaries but he said that was normal and it looked like it was going away. My blood pressure was a bit high and I had some protein in my urine and I am tad bit dehydrated, found something kestones?? or something in my urine as well. I was given 800 mg of ibuprofen and 5mgs of vicodin for the pain. I took one and I am feeling very woozy, they told me not to drive while taking it. They rechecked my blood pressure again before I left and it went down a little. They want me to call and change my appointment from the 8th to sometime next week, they want my urine and blood pressure watched closely.

I didn't get to keep any of the sonogram photos :( they told me my doctor or nurse would have to request copies which I am sure they will. I am measuring a week ahead so they changed my due date to Oct 2nd
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 8:29pm
Glad to hear that the news is relatively good (Ie: non-life threatening) for you and the baby. I hope that everything's going ok next week. some *Non GD vibes* for you!! --Kati
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 5:55am
I so glad you are ok. Matthew had high level of kestones in his urine over the summer. The pedi just told him to drink extra water. She wasn't worried about it then. The reason I took him was b/c he was peeing non stop but not peeing enough for the amt of fluid he was drinking (roughly a gal of milk every 2 days and a few cups of water w/juice to go w/it lol)

Anyway...vicadin is dh's best friend....he couldn't walk w/out it sometimes (he has a fracture in his back)

HUGS and take it easy

I'm suffering from major dizziness and having a hard time breathing (asthma w/horrible weather doesn't help)

Jennifer

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3038a4
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 7:49am
That is me I am peeing a lot but not the amount I am drinking. I am trying to drink as much as I can but it's hard, I ended up throwing up water again last night twice :( I am so afraid I am giong to end up in the hopstial again
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 12:31pm
Glad everything is ok with you & your lil one! Just to let you know what ketones are...they are the junk given off by our body when it is burning the fat stored in your body too fast & not utilizing the carbohydrates that you are eating. This is sometimes an issue with pg women that have m/s & don't get enough carbs. Their bodies start breaking down their fats & then ketones start forming in the blood. My DD is a juvenile diabetic & I check her urine regularly for ketones. You may notice that you have stinky breath & urine when your ketones are high. That is the way your body is trying to get rid of them.

Hope that clarifies that issue for you. Hang in there. Thinking lots of P&PT for you!

Courtney

Mom to Lillian(3.5) & #2 EDD 8/3(boy)