Personal Question

iVillage Member
Personal Question
Sun, 03-30-2003 - 11:47pm
I had Caleb 6 weeks ago. I had almost stop bleeding when I went for my check up. He said that was normal. So I got back on birth control and about 2-3 days later I started bleeding heavily again. I thought it was just that time of the month but I havent stopped yet. Is this normal or not. Or could it just be the pills. I dont know because I was on the same pill before. I just am getting alittle worried. Any advice would be great.

Thank You,

Liz

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 12:22pm
Don't have any really solid advice/answers. I didn't bleed long with my DD. But...if you just started your pill again & the bleeding started again then they probably are linked. Hormones due such crazy things to our bodies, so you never know! If you are really worried about it, just call your OB. I am sure they have seen this before & can advise you what to do.

Good luck & hang in there!

Courtney

Mom to Lillian(3.5) & #2 EDD 8/3(boy)
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 12:42pm
Went through the very same thing and actually just got done bleeding. I bled for one day short of 7 weeks after my son was born. I stopped bleeding for 6 days and then got what I believed was my period--had cramps, bloating, etc. I did the day one start with my birth control pills as instructed. I continued to bleed for a month--into my next period. When my son was 12 weeks old (last Monday), I had bled for a total of 11 weeks and 1 day! BUT.....I stopped bleeding and there hasn't been an indication that it'll return. I imagine it'll come when it's time for my period. I understand your frustration--BELIEVE ME--but I am sure nothing is wrong. If, however, you are concerned or the blood is soaking one pad and hour, etc, just call your OB/GYN. They will tell you what to do. For example, when I called my OB, he told me that if I was still bleeding on my SECOND period (second pack of pills), to call again and I'd go in. Chances are, you are fine, but call if you are worried. Hope I helped!
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 11:08pm
I seemed to just keep bleeding after I had my son. Sometimes it would be light and then it would get heavy again. I think it was because of the pills. I'm not one to worry about this sort of stuff too much. As long as I don't feel any pain. I can't remember exactly when I stopped bleeding, I guess maybe around 7 or 8 weeks.