Hello, I am new here.

iVillage Member
Hello, I am new here.
Wed, 04-09-2003 - 10:54pm
Hello:

I am new to this board. I was diagnosed 7 years ago - I am in my 40's. I am a super sensitive Celiac and it is hard to find things that are safe to eat. My 2 children also have Celiac's and so it is challenging also for them! At times I just don't want to eat, for it gets so unreal! I also have thyroid problems, diabetes 2, and arthritis. Sometimes even medications cause crazy reactions!! I am just glad to find that there is a board to ask questions and talk about this!

Thanks for listening.
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-10-2003 - 9:41pm
Hello there Beu2fl!!

Nice to meet you and we are glad that you found us. Yes, it is a frustrating disease...we are still waiting to hear all the test results from me. I am trying the GF diet on the advice of the doctor. We shall see. Feel free to post any thing you feel like posting here. We are here for each other...you can vent, scream, cry, laugh, giggle and anything else you would like to do here. We are a new board, so the more the merrier!! Again, Welcome to the board!

Hugs,

Lynn

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-10-2003 - 10:48pm
Thanks Lynn for the welcome.

Question: one of the biggest things that I have struggled with is to find recipes that taste pretty good and the resluts are not a thick consistancy for a loaf bread, hamburger buns, and rolls. Has anyone have any ideas. I have tried making these by useing the bread machine and scratch recipies --- alot of recipies!!!!

I wish everyone well!

Beu2fl