Do you receive

iVillage Member
Do you receive
Sun, 01-04-2009 - 9:25pm
Hello,question,does anyne still receive an email when someone answers to a post you have asked..lets hear please as myself and another person on board do not ..maybe we can get it changed as it is a handy thing especially if you have alerts for when an email is incoming..we could answer soon if we did ..cheers Lynne

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-04-2009 - 11:39pm
If you mean am I alerted to the fact that some one has answered my post.

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-05-2009 - 4:19pm

The email alerts go to an email that I rarely use . I just had a look and the last one I got was in september...

Kazz

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-06-2009 - 2:42am

Well why i ask is because even though i put to notify me i never do get notiied ..

cheers Lynne

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-06-2009 - 3:15am
i have now changed my board settings again to see if i now receive them so please post to any of my posts to see if i will receive please ..love LYNNE

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-06-2009 - 10:54pm

Hi, Lynne.

Twice I have noticed that I didn't receive an email notification on a response that was sent for me.

Do I have to check my setting as well?

Thank you and hope you are feeling well?

Sandy

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-07-2009 - 5:41pm

hello Sandy,...i did that again but still not getting alerts..so i am sending our boss

and email to find out why ..so will let you know ..what is happening..i have ticked to get alerts but nothing is happening ..

Well i got another virus and my knee operation has once again been cancelled

oh i am so tired of catching something ..they are now trying to build up my resistance with

medication ..hope it works..this summer has been one thing after another for me ..so hot wet and miserable here ....loads of biting bugs, everyone is coughing sneezing around me .

everyone has colds of some sort ..a lot of people today do not realize that sneezing and coughing without covering your face spreads things fast ...you sit in the drs surgery and they all cough sneeze its horrible..and never cover there faces..

i tell you i nearly was so sick the other day and i mean physical sick

a lady came in with a tiny new born ,in stroller,she sat beside me the baby started to cry,she took a dummy out of her purse,stuck it in her mouth then stuck it in the babys mouth.oh i thought the poor kid,so tiny to have that done,then it would not stop crying she then produced a bottle from her purse,stuck the teat in her mouth again and put it in the babys mouth,oh gosh i was about the say you will kill your baby if you keep doing that and i was called in to see my dr..lucky for her..but i just could not resist telling my dr what i just saw..

i said to him if she is his patient,and the poor kids gets sick he will know why ..he said, she is his patient i said well she needs mothering classes or something..she is abusing her child..

i hope he tells her off i was so mad i could not get out of the surgery quick enough..but i had to pay so i told the nurse at the desk as well..oh she said it happens there on a daily basis...me i could not help myself if i worked there i said i'd be tempted to say something...

i said to the receptionist she should keep tins of glen 20 on hand and spray the waiting rooms all the time....don't they tell new mother in hospitals now before they leave hospitals with new babies what they have to do with sterilization of bottles dummies etc anymore..

if not..... no wonder there is so much sickness,i hate dummies any way... they are filthy things..i think if your baby is fed correctly,has clean dry nappies and is bathed,properly and nursed,and made comfortable with proper clothes

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-08-2009 - 2:37pm

Hello Lynne,