4 1/2 yr old symptoms (no diarreah)

iVillage Member
4 1/2 yr old symptoms (no diarreah)
Tue, 01-13-2009 - 1:18pm
okay guys. my 4 1/2 yr old son has tons of food allergies. i thought he had outgrown many and think he has! but, i took him to a new allergist in town b/c he is SO tired and whiney all the time. and he is getting over scarlett fever and his fingers are peeling so badly it is painful. and
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-13-2009 - 5:50pm

Hello and welcome..

oh dear what a horrible thing you have right now ...your poor darling..yes he can be cd/dh with out having diarreara,and he can be visa versa,in some cases they are..i do hope they are giving him stuff for the painful peeling ..did they tell you not to use soap of any kind on him i hope so ...have they given you an antibiotic cream to help clear the rash...if its very painful peeling take him to get a cream for it...scarlett fever is contagious and was once very dangerous ,but with todays drugs they heal it very quickly ..when caring for a person with scarlett one must keep hands washed at all times to halt infection..make sure his nails are clipped short so he does not cause scratch infections..

your drs should be taking his sc/fever very seriously till he has really cleared...oh i do hope things improve..is his throat still sore and red if so give him soothing foods and easily eaten ..jello. fruit juice ,etc etc .being sore he wont want to eat ..much grate apple .mash bananas etc ...lets know how things are cheers Lynne