What do the tests mean?

iVillage Member
What do the tests mean?
Thu, 01-29-2009 - 6:09pm

Hello :) Not new to ivillage here but poking around from the pregnancy and parenting channel.

I had a battery of blood tests done at my last physical and because my grandmother has celiacs and I've had ibs and fertility issues lately, my gp had me tested for it.

She says my results are odd-- the IGA antibody test came back normal but the IGG antibody test came back positive. In a perfectly insured world, she would have me do a biopsy but my insurance is not impressive so thats not a real option for me.

I guess I'm just curious what the tests mean & can it show up when I hadn't previously had many symptoms of it?

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-30-2009 - 5:39pm

Hello ,well glad you had tests here is notes on tests..

Sometimes this happens one test says one thing the other say

another ...and sometimes it needs test to be redone to get true diagnosis results..i have had clients you have had 2 or 3 tests done before coming up with true diagnosis...but if 1 test to me says yes,i figure you are celiac..hope i have helped in some wau cheers Lynne

What is this test for

A tissue transglutaminase IgA and/or IgG test is used as part of an evaluation for certain autoimmune conditions, most notably celiac disease.

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-31-2009 - 3:48pm

The blood tests A Dr