Are Gluten allergies on the rise?

Administrator
Are Gluten allergies on the rise?
Mon, 02-23-2009 - 10:43am
I was on the treadmill this weekend and I overheard a Dr. and a couple of women at the gym (who were walking out of an exercise class)discussing what he called the rise in gluten allergies. He claimed that more and more people are showing up with stomach and bowel issues and

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-24-2009 - 6:43pm

Celiac disease on the rise

Yes i myself self feel that it is on the rise.just by the number increase i have sent to me to make up diet list for..Even the gov health dept have studies done showing the new statistics show just how much percentage it has risen over the yearsfrom a relatively unknown to a very common disease.and not only in one country,all over the world..

Not only in the USA but Canada,Australia,Finland,and even Italy,and many more....

i also feel the reason being ,for one thing is the way food is processed,with so many more additives added to food today,also the way things are growen with so much kunk added to make things grow quickly and prolific bearers...and the things they are coated in to preserve ..

The diagnosis of celiac disease is on the rise. Left untreated, this gluten intolerance can cause infertility, lymphoma and other serious health problems. But many people don't know they even

Administrator
Wed, 02-25-2009 - 8:24am
Very interesting Lynne-Thanks!

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-25-2009 - 9:10am

Thanks Lynne for all of your information.