OMG! Invisable food!

iVillage Member
OMG! Invisable food!
Tue, 03-31-2009 - 5:31am
Just a very silly story to share.
mcpayton
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-31-2009 - 12:11pm
Oh my goodness...that made me laugh. I'm glad they didn't disappear completely. LOL! Were they any good? I'll have to check them out.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Visit my Blog with lot
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-31-2009 - 6:11pm

EH EH EH made me laugh also...

funny things do happen don't they and to us celiacs mostly...they are nice i usually put some crushed garlic in water to give flavour as well..

cheers Lynne

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-02-2009 - 1:17am
My husband and in laws are Asians. They would add garlic and chicken or pork and diced up small vegetables and a smidgen of sesame oil . To make a great stir fry with these noodles.
After you boil them for a few seconds put drain and put them aside till after your vegetables have been cooked. You put them last in a hot skillet after stir frying your vegetables. The last thing to add would be the noodles for a few seconds. Its good this way also. Try it when you want to eat out but at home... Oh and the meat should be left over cooked pulled apart meat. Which makes it truly economical..

. Have a wonderful day from our family to yours.
Sunnyafternoons

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-03-2009 - 1:03am
Thanks for the idea.
mcpayton
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-03-2009 - 2:53pm

The Chinese things are great- but do be careful when you can't read the package. The Soba noodles (I think it's them) are often listed as GF since they're supposed to be made with pure buckwheat (which has no relationship to wheat despite the name- it's like maltodextrin. We can't have malt or dextrin, but maltodextrin is supposed to be from corn... sorry for the tangent)

Anyway, all of the noodles, except for the pure rice noodles that are translucent when cooked in water (though you still can see them, LOL)

Jaseann

co-cl-Celiac Disease

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-04-2009 - 8:04pm

Hi everyone just adding Jaseann's posting on chinese food.i try not to buy much from the health food stores only if its an urgent situation for us...if you want good noodles go to the asian store,i tell you i have a wonderful asian store near me and they are so helpful ....if i can't read the packets in the ingredients section they always do it for me,and they have never been wrong in my case...and i have never been sick from following their advice...