UPDATED FOODS TO AVOID LIST

iVillage Member
UPDATED FOODS TO AVOID LIST
Sat, 05-01-2010 - 8:08pm

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-03-2010 - 1:25pm

Interesting because there's a company making some all-natural bars that contain both barley and wheat grass and I was concerned about them, but they are labeled as gluten-free. http://www.amazinggrass.com/about-whole-food-energy-bars.html

But, now I'm reading that unless they are harvested in such a manner that there is NO contamination between the grass and the grain itself (which the gluten is in the grain, not the grass), then there could be the chance of contamination. I had a sample of one of their bars recently and had some slight tummy irritation, but thought it had to have been something else causing that irritation because they are labeled as gluten-free and I thought that if something is labeled as such, it can't cause a problem. That'll teach me!

Photobucket

Visit my Blog with lots of gluten-free recipes: http://www.glutenfreebeginnings.info
Photobucket

Visit my Blog with lot
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-18-2010 - 7:36pm

Hi all sorry i have not been here for awhile but had a few days in bed

but ok now

as to these no i would not have them even thiugh they say gluten free anything as far as i am concerned that states wheat or anything to do with wheat i stay away from completely..some maty be ok with them but contamination is a big chance also ..thats my opinion ..love LYNNE

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-20-2010 - 2:11pm
This is what makes eating GF so difficult, hidden gluten. I have been sick all week. It's so frustrating because I've been so careful. I was at a dog show this weekend in Albuquerque. I took fruit and nuts to eat. I didn't go out to eat while down there, but here I am "sick as a dog" again. If I reacted immediately, like Lynne, I could identify the culprit, but alas, my tummy takes a while. You also never know if maybe you are starting to react to something else now.
My current guess as to the culprit is the dog treats I was using in the ring for my dog. I'm at work so I can't go check the bag right now.
Thanks for the vent,
Wendy in NM
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-20-2010 - 4:29pm

Hello Wendy.oh boy yes quite possible it was the dog treats.you were handling

thats a great place for the hidden gluten in fact lots of dog foods do have bi products of wheat and gluten in fact i cant handle any dog food

i break out,and in super market i cant go round that end of shop where they keep the pet food,i also have a small short haired dog and because of this fact i have to

get my daughter

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-16-2010 - 4:56pm

Here is the foods list to avoid update that may help cheers LYNNE