Hello!

iVillage Member
Hello!
Mon, 05-24-2010 - 11:43am

Shelly 

iVillage Member
In reply to: jellybean1102
Mon, 05-24-2010 - 8:13pm

Hi Shelly and welcome,nice to have you hear..good for you on your stance..

to get releif from pain suffering is great.keep on with the diet and stay well..be very strict with everything you eat..check and recheck till you are sure what you are eating..read all labels..you will find plenty of food for thought here...lol

and any time you need help just post up..i am mostly here and will answer your questions to the best of my ability..i have posted many articles and lists of do,dont,can and cant have ..same with tee go to her blog you will find lots of help there also..take care and nice you are here god bless LYNNE

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-27-2010 - 1:41pm

Hi and welcome! I haven't been here in a while. Life has just been busy and I only get here every so often. Not much changes for me, so I just pop in here and there and help where I can. I will say that my DD and I are both "self-diagnosed" as well. My DD had horrible behavior problems and was so similar to a child I worked with at a preschool before she was born. His parents put him on a G-F diet and everyone saw some amazing things happen with the behavior. So, I decided to give it a try. The pediatrician's response was less than supportive. She pretty much told me that "well, at least it's a healthy diet." So, we switched pediatricians and things are better for us. We stick with it and it works. I have been G-F for over a year because of digestive issues. I can usually tell when I've been glutened because I get really gassy and bloated and general discomfort. I sometimes would get horrible diarrhea when I ate TOO much bready stuff. But, so much of the time I get constipated. That hasn't changed much, but I can tell with the bloatedness and general awful intestinal feeling when I have had something. I had a horrible time with my digestive issues when I was on my way home from my parents' for a weekend. My mom THOUGHT something was gluten-free and cooked it next to something (in the same pan) as another item that really WAS gluten-free. I'm sure they mixed their ingredients. I tried to be good the rest of the visit, but I definitely had problems on my way home from their house. LOL! Thank goodness for restrooms along the highway! :)

Anyway, I'm glad you stopped in. Stick around and share anything you've made or items you like. And definitely ask any questions if you have them.

Photobucket

Visit my Blog with lots of gluten-free recipes: http://www.glutenfreebeginnings.info
Photobucket

Visit my Blog with lot
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-27-2010 - 7:10pm

Hi Tee,nice to see you ..and thanks for dropping by,and i appreciate your imput..

hope you are all well also..we have had it a bit busy myself with so many coming for diets ..i am now getting diets printed all at once by a local place,,its much easier..i change things now and again,adding new stuff i find,,

its getting cool here now so i have put out a warming diet so its varies the range..

this time i am adding picts on the end of sheet so they can see how things should look..whebn cooked it does help i find..maybe you could add that on your blog also ..it encourages people to try ..got to go thanks again ..love LYNNE

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-28-2010 - 10:23pm
To be honest, I have no idea how to put pictures up on my blog. LOL! I know how to type in information, but I have no idea how to do anything fancy. I've thought about pictures, but I just don't have the tech-knowledge. *sigh* My other problem is that I don't often think about pulling out my camera to take pictures of my meals. My husband has taken pictures of some things on special occasions (took a picture of our Mother's Day meal), but other than that, the camera and food don't often go together. LOL!
Photobucket

Visit my Blog with lots of gluten-free recipes: http://www.glutenfreebeginnings.info
Photobucket

Visit my Blog with lot
iVillage Member
Sat, 05-29-2010 - 1:11am
i keep my pictures on my document folder and to load one here you go down and see at bottom and see attach a file

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-04-2010 - 11:07pm

Hi, I'm Kate. My problem, Ladies, is that I do not like to cook When I get home from work, I want to make something fast. I'm the only gluten free, lactose free, vegetarian in my household (and garlic gives me heartburn), so seems that part of my meal I'm making just for me, something extra to take the place of things my hubbie (diabetic), daughter and two 4 year old grandsons are eating. So, my meals are simple, plain and quick. Once in awhile I'll make something more complicated, and make enough to freeze some. Bean, rice, veggie type dishes. But oh well, though I miss eating like I used to and find it difficult to eat out, it keeps me from gaining weight (that has been a struggle in the past). I just try to think of meals as opportunities to be with people and socialize, rather than focus on the food. Bread is something I miss. Is there a gluten free soft bread?

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-05-2010 - 6:29pm

Hi Kate,and welcome,first up ,i think most of the gf/wf bread is always a bit heavy and grainy due to the fact we have to use alternatives to make bread...

my trick is i use soft wraps or tortillas,and use as bread..

but lots of people dont like them,,,,

my sister doesnt cook much either because of her work as well,she bought herself a slow cooker and some days she stick everything in it and it cooks while she is away.

she is a vegan as well so she's got certain recipes she likes she too can whip up fast,