A pizza crust recipe to try....

iVillage Member
A pizza crust recipe to try....
Sun, 07-13-2003 - 4:35pm
I was sent this pizza recipe from a special person. I have tried it and use it. It is fantastic. I really enjoy this crust! If you try it, let us know what you think about it.

Pizza Base - Gluten Free Dairy Free Egg Free

1/2 teasp Dried Yeast Granules

8 oz Warm Water

1 teasp Sugar

4 oz Rice Flour

3 oz Cornflour

1 tbsp Potato Flour

1 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil

1 teasp Salt

Extra oil for greasing

1. In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in half of the warm water, add sugar and mix well. Set aside for 15 minutes.

2. Preheat the oven to 425F and lightly oil a large pizza pan. Prepare the toppings for the pizza.

3. Place the remaining dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, add the yeast mixture and mix well, adding the remaining water a little at a time until it is the consistency of a very thick batter.

4. Pour the dough into the center of the prepared pizza pan and spread around evenly. Bake at the top of the oven for 5 minutes until lightly set.

5. Remove from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 375F.

6. Add the toppings of your choice to the pizza. Return to the oven and continue to bake for a further 15-20 minutes.

Have a good week!!

Lynn

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-01-2005 - 1:17pm

Lynn,

I tried this recipe last night! I made it with soy cheese. The cheese tastes nothing like the real thing but, it's good! The crust was wonderful. Thanks.

Love,

Jamie

Love,