Anyone gotten pregnant w/o much BDing?

iVillage Member
Anyone gotten pregnant w/o much BDing?
Mon, 05-07-2007 - 2:46pm

This topic comes up every now and again here and on the TTC boards...about partners not being able to go the whole 10 yards so to speak... So I was wondering...has anyone gotten pregnant from BDing, but without your DH (or partner) actually ejaculating? ((blush)) I know that in sex education in school, they always warned us that we could become pregnant even if our partners didn't ejaculate--that the pre-cum can get you pregnant! I have yet to experience this. DH and I have a healthy sex life but it doesn't always end in the way that it should on those special days.

Just curious!

Big hugs to all of us...and remember, men have feelings, too. And they probably feel like crap when they can't get the job done (so to speak) so let's give them a break every now and again.

xxoo
Lois

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-09-2007 - 6:59pm

Thanks for the tips! One of the reasons we're actually taking a break from TTC is because I would get so frustrated and ANGRY that he wouldn't be able to finish on the crucial days. It was consistently like this the past few months...so everything would be perfectly timed...and then nothing. Then the 48-hour window would be gone. Even if we hadn't had sex for a week, he wasn't able to complete the action. And then sure enough like clockwork--a few days AFTER I ovulated he'd have no problems. Which was too late, as far as I was concerned. He's been feeling the pressure and that's what's causing him to not be able to. I found myself getting way way way too angry and disappointed and figured it's just not worth it to keep pursuing a baby like this (since it might never happen for us anyhow). So, the break has actually been really nice. I don't care how much CM I have or when I'm ovulating. It feels rather liberating to just live and not just count every day to see if I can pee on another stick (although I do miss that part)! :-)

xxoo
Lois

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-07-2007 - 5:32pm

The BD didn't work for me, but I can relate to the pressure your DH may feel. I quit telling my DH when I was ovulating or about to ovulate. I tried to make the situation seem that I was just interested in only him and not conception. The drugs I was on increased my libido about 10-fold so he never knew if it was "time" or I was just feeding the libido. We ended up with IVF, which meant that DH had to perform all by himself with a specimen cup--no romance in that at all! But, hey, it worked.

HTH,
Kellie

Lilypie

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-07-2007 - 4:32pm

Hi Lois,

Well, I can't say that I have had that experience.