Any Baby Product Recommendations?

iVillage Member
Any Baby Product Recommendations?
Mon, 05-21-2007 - 8:49pm

I thought this might be a helpful thread for first time moms-to-be and any of our moms who haven't had a baby for a long time.

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-22-2007 - 3:26pm

Great idea Carol!! I hope many women post replies here.

When I was trying to decide whether or not to TTC, I stumbled upon the book "Your Over-35 Week-by-Week Pregnancy Guide" by Kelly Shanahan, M.D. She is an OB-GYN and had her first child at age 38. It's a wonderfully informative book that would be great for first time moms or as a refresher to experienced moms. I read the whole book and will read it again when I get pregnant, week by week.

Julie

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-24-2007 - 1:16pm

I use a swing and vibrating chair a lot. We just got an exersaucer and he loves it! I also got a high chair that straps on a kitchen chair. It has a high back for when the baby is little then it comes off to become a booster seat. It also has a tray. I like it because it doesn't take up extra room in the kitchen and it also lets the baby sit at the table with the rest of the family. Also strollers that you can attach the carseat in are great. None of these things except the swing were around when I had my other kids.

Tammy