I Think I'm Losing The Baby

iVillage Member
I Think I'm Losing The Baby
Mon, 06-04-2007 - 11:37am

Hi Ladies,

Well, I'm 6 weeks pregnant and I started to see some brown discharge last night and more of the same this morning and I'm afraid I am starting to miscarry. I have an appointment with my OB this morning at 10:30 am MST. So scared and sad....

Leslie

Leslie Wife to Jason, Mother to Jordan and Lindsey

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-04-2007 - 11:46am

Sweetie,

I will be wishing good thoughts for you and your little bean... I know that brown discharge isn't necessarily the "bad" discharge... I knew I was going to miscarry when I had bright red discharge...

<>

xxoo
Lois

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-04-2007 - 11:53am

Hi Lois,

Thank you...

Leslie

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-04-2007 - 11:59am

Leslie,

You're very welcome. And just so you know, my friend (43 at time of pregnancy; almost 44 when she delivered) bled throughout her pregnancy and had a perfectly normal (other than that) pregnancy.

I'm not trying to give you false hope, but in a best case scenario, the doctor will put you on bedrest for a while. In the worst case scenario, you will lose your precious baby. :-( If you do miscarry, please realize that there is nothing you could've done to prevent it. Unless you're a drug-using junkie who's malnutritioned and partakes in extreme sports while smoking and drinking Jack Daniels, you did NOTHING wrong. (And somehow, I don't think you do any of those things.)

If you feel up to it afterwards, please fill us in after your doctor's appointment.

I wish I could give you a big hug!

xxoo
Lois

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-04-2007 - 1:03pm

Hi Leslie:

You must be very scarred. Best luck at the doctors and let us know how it turns out.

Take Care, Julie

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-04-2007 - 4:40pm

Hi Leslie,

How did your appointment go?

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-04-2007 - 10:28pm

Hi Leslie,

I have everything crossed for you and hoping you'll post a happy update soon!

kucinich_sign1.jpg

stellasig1.jpg

stellasiggy.jpg picture by estellaberg

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-05-2007 - 12:37pm

Hi,

First of all, thank you to all of you who posted a reply. The doctor's appointment went fine. He did a Vag U/S and there is in deed a yolk sac and a little dot. We are only at 6 weeks, so there was very little to see. He didn't have much to say other than we have to give it time and see what happens. He didn't seem too concerned about the discharge, but I think that since he is a doctor, what can he say? He has told me ato stay off my feet for a couple of days and hopefully the discharge (brown) will stop.

I have to add that my DH is totally up to date on everything that could be going on with me! He sat at this computer yesterday and researched miscarriage for hours. I think he knows more that me now!!

Thank again ladies and I will keep everyone updated!!!

Leslie

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-05-2007 - 12:43pm

Leslie,

Yay! I am so happy to hear that. If your doc wasn't that concerned about the discharge, that's a really good sign! I'll be wishing good thoughts for you and your baby... And what a cute husband you have to be so concerned! I love it!

xxoo
Lois

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-05-2007 - 1:39pm

Yay!

stellasiggy.jpg picture by estellaberg

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-05-2007 - 6:52pm

Hi Stella,

Thanks for the encoragement!

Based on my charting, I believe I O'd on May 5th, so that would put us at 4 weeks 3 days past O. All we saw was the yolk sac and a tiny dot. I know it was way too early to see anything else, much less a heartbeat. I remember when I was pregant with girls that we didn't see the heartbeat through ultrasound either, and we were almost 8 weeks, or 6 weeks since fertilization.

I know how hard it is to not have enough information! I know you want to tell everybody! We have told a lot of people and my justification for it is that there will be more people out there to pray for us!!

Good luck and keep me informed!!

Leslie

Pages