Still Bleeding

iVillage Member
Still Bleeding
Mon, 06-11-2007 - 12:40pm

Hi All,

I'm still bleeding and it became much heavier yesterday. It is like a heavy day on my period. I had the u/s on Friday. Everything was in tact and solid. It seems I'm not quite as far along as the they thought I was. I never thought I was. They showed me being at 6 weeks on Friday, which sounded totally on tagert to me (they thought I was at 9 weeks). The heartbeat was at 86. I had blood work done to confirm my hormone level. The dr. will review today and let me know if there are any concerns. I will be giving the dr. a call shortly to let her know about the increase in bleeding. This is just making me nuts not knowing what is going on. More later.

Robin

iVillage Member
In reply to: robinlg62
Mon, 06-11-2007 - 3:30pm

I am so sorry to hear that you are still bleeding. I hope everything goes okay with your doctor. Let us know what he says.
I wish you the best of luck.

Jill

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-11-2007 - 4:32pm

I called the dr. this morning and she asked me to come in right away for another blood test, which I did. The test from Friday showed everything was o.k. If this test shows my hormone levels to be o.k., she will schedule another ultra sound/exam to determine the source of bleeding. I'll know the results tomorrow. More then.

Robin

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-11-2007 - 5:29pm

I hope the doctor can confirm that everything is indeed A-AOK with you. You poor thing--it must be horrible waiting. Is the bleeding red, or kind of rust/brown colored?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-11-2007 - 5:43pm
Lois, thank you. Unfortunately it is very red, full on heavy day period type of bleeding. I can't imagine good news will come from this, but you never know. At least I got to see the heart beat and I have the US picture from Friday. I fell in love with this little life inside me and will be very sad if I lose him.
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-11-2007 - 5:50pm

Oh Robin,

I will remind you that my friend bled throughout her pregnancy and went on to have a perfectly healthy beautiful baby!!! I hope the same happens for you (minus all the bleeding part, I mean!!). My heart is breaking for you right now thinking about how sad and scared you must be. :-( Your doctor will most likely check to see if your cervix is closed. If it is, chances are good that you're not miscarrying. If it's open, then a miscarriage will most likely be inevitable.

I WISH YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH GOOD LUCK and will keep you in my thoughts.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-11-2007 - 8:02pm

Robin,

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this uncertainty!

stellasiggy.jpg picture by estellaberg

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-11-2007 - 8:11pm

The fact that you have a hearbeat at 6 weeks alone is great, Robin. Lots of women don't see those until at least 7 wks. That alone has to be comforting.

Hoping for the best for you and baby...

Jodi

pregnancy calendar

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-12-2007 - 2:58pm

Hi Robin,

My name is Yvette. I just joined i-village and I too am experiencing bleeding. I have from about the 5th or 6th week. I am now in my 14th. The bleeding has gotten heavier for me, but I was diagnosed with a cervical polyp. At least they've determined that the bleeding is not from the baby and there is no threat to the baby itself. Have you had a vaginal exam to check for polyps or fibroids? As long as there is no pain, that's a very good sign. If your hormone levels come back much higher, that's another good sign!

Good luck and keep the faith, as I am.

Yvette