epidurals

iVillage Member
epidurals
Thu, 06-14-2007 - 5:30pm

Has anyone had one of these? I went natural child birth with my other 4 children, (well they did dope me up when I was screaming so much that other moms were getting scared. But tell me... does it hurt to get one? does it make you sick, how does the contractions feel with an epidural. Are they gone? Are they just dulled so you don't scream as loud? So anyone who has had one in the past please share. I don't want to scream like a truck driver with this one.

Dyan

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: dyan_2007
Tue, 06-19-2007 - 7:40am
You could also consider hypnobirthing.

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-19-2007 - 9:59am

thanks for the suggestion.

People have tried to hypnotize me in the past. I am just not able to being put under someone else's control. IM too much of a control freak.. I guess... LOL

Dyan

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-19-2007 - 10:46am
this is a little different...you just listen to tapes and relax, but are fully conscious.

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-19-2007 - 11:20am

Thanks,

I think I'm going for the epidural, I don't want to feel pain.

And I think this time... Camera's will be banned from the room until I can brush my hair and puts some make up on.. I have all these horrible pictures of me looking like I was run over with a truck after having my other babies. And I want a great big turkey sub from sub port. not some dried up old sandwich they like to give ya.. OH im gonna be pain in the butt, I can see it now... and any nasty nurses I will kick out of my room, I dealt with enough nasty nurses tell me "I was over reacting" and that "it cant hurt that bad" that I no longer feel I need to put up with that stuff. I mean after all I am paying for it, right?

Dyan

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-19-2007 - 10:50pm

Hi Dyan,

I say go for the epidural!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-20-2007 - 7:10am

Thank you Carol,

Thanks for the information about the epidural, I am so going for one. I am really sorry for you lose, that must have been real hard, I couldn't imagine the pain. I had one mc but I dont think it affected me I was only 3 weeks, and it was at a time in my life that an abortion had crossed my mind, so it was more of a relief, I know it sounds bad but everything happens for a reason, and nature has a way to taking care of things for the better.

Anyway, back to NO PAIN, Woot woot..

Dyan :)

Pages