waiting game

iVillage Member
waiting game
Sat, 08-11-2007 - 10:07pm

I posted here a few weeks ago. 43 and pregnant with our 4th child.

Went to the doctor on Tuesday because was cramping alot (actually been cramping for the last three weeks but no blood). We saw a small sac but not the right size for where they think I should be. Doc said either I'm going to miscarry or my cycle screwed up last month and I'm not as far along. Took blood on Tuesday and Thursday to see if my HcG levels are going up or not. Doc's office said they would call me on Friday with results but they didn't and when I called, it turns out they close at 1:00pm! So, I have to wait till Monday!! Two more days of waiting. I'm wearing pads just in case I do start to miscarry. I would like to think that the doc not calling is good news but maybe that's just being a little naive?

Nancy

iVillage Member
In reply to: nannykins
Sun, 08-12-2007 - 10:40pm

Hi Nancy,

I can't believe they didn't call you, these DRS, ugh! They don't care that you have to wait the whole weekend? I'm sorry you have to go thru that. I'm keeping in my thoughts and hoping everything is o.k. Keep strong, think positive.

Kim

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-12-2007 - 10:17am

Not bleeding is a great sign!

Uterus growing cramps feel different from miscarriage cramps...the latter feels like you're doubled over in pain. I remember uterus growing cramps as being uncomfortable, but feeling very different.

Can you call your doctor's office? They always have someone on call you can talk to...

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-12-2007 - 9:53am
Lois, the only thing that keeps my hopes up is that I haven't bled or spotted. I'm hoping the cramps are just my uterus growing. This is my 3rd pregnancy (the last one was with twins) and I hear that the more pregnancies you have had the more sensitive you are to the uterus growing. Will keep you all posted.
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-12-2007 - 12:42am

Nancy,

I hope you just got the timing wrong...I will wish good thoughts for you and hope that your doctor calls on Monday (or you call them!) with good news!

FYI, if you are miscarrying, you will feel the worst cramps of your life. You also may get some pain in your anus...and the blood will change from brown spotting to bright red blood. Hopefully, this isn't what's happening with you!

Try to get some rest...and please keep us posted!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket