Another ultrasound

iVillage Member
Another ultrasound
Tue, 11-13-2007 - 8:09pm

I had an ultrasound Friday to help determine my due date and to check out the little girl. Today I got a call from the dr stating there is a "mass" in the baby's abdomen. I have to go to a larger hospital about 1 hour away for another ultrasound.

Has anyone had this happen? The dr did say it could be her ovary or gallbladder. I am 22 weeks along.

I am nervous - only found out 2 weeks ago that she was coming, but I want only the best for her.

Thanks for the input.

Tasha

EDD 3/11

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-14-2007 - 6:53pm
A coworker told me about a pregnancy she had and the ultrasound showed at 5 months showed that all her baby's internal organs were outside of her body.

p15296s1102107_33_0-1.jpg

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-21-2007 - 2:33pm

Tasha,

I am so sorry that the ultrasound result was questionable.

But since they need to do another ultrasound and nothing is conclusive right now, try to be positive and take care of yourself during this stressful time.

You need to be strong and healthy for the baby.

I hope everything will be ok with the next ultrasound and keep us posted.

I am praying for you.

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-21-2007 - 6:42pm

Thanks for the reply. The ultrasound showed bright bowels - a soft marker for downs. I had an amnio and the fast test shows our daughter has trisomy 18. We are waiting for the final results. It is sad for my DH, son and I as she was an unplanned surprise. I pray that she will survive to birth so I can hold her.

Tasha

edd 3/11

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-23-2007 - 8:56am
I'm so sorry to hear this news. I also hope she gets here so you can hold her. As you can see by my signature, I lost my baby girl and it was very difficult, but I did get to know her for a little while. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-23-2007 - 11:59am

Thanks for the reply - what happened with your daughter? I am hoping to hold my daughter for at least a little bit. How did your husband cope? I am worried about mine not talking. This baby was a shock and blessing to us.

Tasha

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-23-2007 - 8:48pm

http://www.ignitermedia.com/products/iv/singles/570/99-Balloons

Tasha,

I'm not sure if you have seen this video - it speaks so much to me about the celebration of life...I'll pray that you can hold your beautiful daughter.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-24-2007 - 8:28am

My daughter at the end of a very normal pregnancy, amnio fine , no complications throughout pg, then at birth they found that there was a hidden placenta abruption. Which means I had no warning with bleeding, but sometime within hours of birth the baby separated from the placenta and was severely oxygen deprived. She was in the NICU for 5 weeks, and then stable enough to come home, but with lots of problems. She was a lot of work to take care of, but we were so glad we had a whole 11months with her. When we left the hospital they didn't promise us much time with her. So, if it's only for a little while I hope you get to meet your baby. I don't have much knowledge on Trisomy 18, but is there a possiblity of her living?

We are all still coping with her loss including my husband. Men do have a way of keeping in silence, but I try to drag it out of him to let go. I encourage him to grieve. Everyone is different in their pace of grieving, it takes time.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-25-2007 - 2:50pm

Sorry to hear what you are going through.