am i mad?

iVillage Member
am i mad?
Mon, 11-26-2007 - 3:53am
hi, here i am 41 (last July) and desperate to have a baby. i was married for 10 years to a no hoper and got out but not until i was 38. i feel like have wasted so much time! now i've met my soul mate but am i crazy to even think i can have a baby? i have had endometriosis and had my last laparoscopy two years ago. my ovaries are in tact and i dont have too much scarring. i have hypothyroidism which i take thyroxine for. i have very regular periods - every 28 days. i'm scared to even try in case i can't and then i will be soooo sad. i so wish i'd started this earlier but i hadn't met my man (who by the way has a kid of his own from a previous marriage). should i just go on ivf straight away? thanks guys..xx
iVillage Member
In reply to: gal_carrie66
Mon, 11-26-2007 - 3:41pm
I don't know if you should go ivf immediately or not. I just wanted to wish you lots of luck. I turned 41 last July as well. How long have you been trying? Perhaps you should as your ob/gyn what you should do...I have a relative who had been trying a while (late 30s) and had stuff removed (endomitriosis too) and afterwards, got pregnant (she just had her baby last week.)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: gal_carrie66
Tue, 11-27-2007 - 7:15pm

I turned 40 in June and Im preggo with #2. In fact the doctor thinks I may have gotten pregnant on my birthday!

Tricia

Photobucket