Sore breasts?

iVillage Member
Sore breasts?
Sat, 01-05-2008 - 2:36am

I'm from the ttc over 40 board, but wanted to ask you lucky pregnat ladies a question:

at what point

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: toriellemom
Sat, 01-05-2008 - 2:54am

I dont think I have sore breast as much as I have tender nipples. My breast have got bigger but they dont hurt, My nipples have enlarged more then they normally are though I am going to nurse I can say I am not looking forward to how its going to feel.

Also my breast didnt get larger until later in the pregnancy. I do know they will get much much bigger when the milk comes in, but... I welcome that since I am small chested and this is the only way can enjoy big boobs without the implants.

I am sure that others will have different results then mine, since every pregnancy is different.

Dyan

pregnancy

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-05-2008 - 3:43am

Thanks. Is this your first pregnancy? I had the same experience as you during my first pregnancy. I bf for 2 years and was delighted to have decent-sized breasts for a change! I am finding it hard to adjust to the small ones again, unfortunately even smaller than before (dont worry, I dont think this always happens)!

I wondered if the breasts start reacting later in subsequent pregnancies...because they have already been through the routine once...

Torielle

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1927fc

Mama to Anna born 10 June 2005

Kphotos4.jpg picture by torielle-anna

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-05-2008 - 4:59pm

NO, this is my 5th baby,

as for boobies getting smaller, yes it does happen, not to everyone, but it happened to me too. So I enjoy big ones for a while then I go back to small ones. after my first child, they were smaller then before, we are talking A cup small. And not all A cup bras fit. some were too big, now dont that suck! But hey god gave me a great butt, so who needed boobies... LOL.

You are right though not all woman get smaller, My girl friend didnt, she is twice as large as she was before, but they look kind of saggy now that she is 40 too. So I dont think im gonna complain Mine still look like they did when I was a younger, probably because gravity doesnt have that big of an effect on small boobs and it does on large ones.

good luck
Dyan

pregnancy

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-06-2008 - 2:12am

You've really made me laugh now, that's what DH says about me! (Great butt, but where did the boobs go?!)

Overe here in Europe we've got AA cup bras which I've been trying on. That makes me feel better, because some of them are actually too small!!!

I take encouragement from what you say in that they probably only shrink once (ie I'm not to find them even smaller after my next child...)

My question arose out of the fact that I didnt have any breast tenderness at all during my 2nd pregnancy (which terminated at 7 weeks) and I'm hoping I'm pregnant now (not testing until Wednesday, though) and feel nothing in my breasts again. Maybe because I bf for 2 years, my boobs are not getting excited yet!

Good luck with number 5

Torielle

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-06-2008 - 9:43am

Hi Torielle,

I'm hoping the best for you this month. For me, every pregnancy has been different as far as breast tenderness and nausea. This last pg that I just lost, I had sore boobs from day 28(dpo about 14) aprox., but in my other pregnancies I had not much of anything as far as boobs being sore. More than anything for me is the food adversions. I can't drink coffee when pg and the smell of everything got to me. That's my true sign of pregnancy. Oh, I'm also part of the small boob club.

Photobucketversion2finished2.gif picture by angeleyes0222
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-06-2008 - 3:25pm
Hi there.

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-06-2008 - 3:53pm

Wow, so cool you are in Europe, how are the hospitals over there? we have the wonder birthing rooms over here that look like suites at a grand hotel, of course they come with that hospital smell LOL, I think they pipe that fragrance in LOL.

Anyway, we have AA cups too... you can find them in the little girl sections, LOL, I have found that Fredericks of Hollywood has these great water bras, they are a little heavy but they give you nice cleavage and lift, so anyone who hasnt seen me in a swim suit wouldnt know anyway. I did get a nice bra from Victoria Secrets, but when I was in there, they measured me.. to make sure I got the right size, but when I told the girl I was an A cup, she grabbed and squeezed my boob telling me I was more a B.. I was like OMG.. Measureing me is one thing grabbing my tit was another... I now know Victorias Secret, "She is GAY"

Anyway good luck

Dyan

pregnancy

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-07-2008 - 2:06pm

Thanks so much for your answers, all of you!

I'm hoping so much to be able to join your board soon...my breasts arent sore, but my nipples have got a bit harder, I have mild headaches every now and again (unusual for me) and wierd spots on the end of my ose (for the first time ever...)

The hospitals in Luxembourg are great. Mind you saw little of the birthing room because Anna was born 15 minutes after I arrived at the hospital and once she was there I wasnt looking at anything except for her!!!

Torielle

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-07-2008 - 3:34pm
Hi - I just found out this morning from a home PT that I am pregnant at 40 with my 3rd child.
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2008 - 11:23pm

Hi there! I am pregnant at 40 for the very first time and am 7 weeks along or so. I am normally an A cup and for the first time in my life am totally filling it out and am ready for the next size up. For me, this was the tell tale sign (sore and bigger breasts than ever before), I kept pulling my shirt up to show my hubby in the weeks before we found out we were pregnant...and would say "something weird is going on here"...he thought I was crazy and even crazier the afternoon I went out the get the pregnancy test when the kids were napping.

Pages