Level II -Contractions?

iVillage Member
Level II -Contractions?
Tue, 01-08-2008 - 8:50am
I forgot to ask, The perinatologist (SP) said I was having contractions that he could see on the U/S but that was OK. I was exactly 20 weeks and I thought that was strange but wanted to ask what y'all thought.
PhotobucketLilypieExpecting a baby Ticker
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2008 - 9:53am

I dont think its anything to worry about, if the doc didnt think so, I have been having contractions for a long time now... some of them super strong, and here I am still pregnant and my due date closing in. if you are still worried ask you doc to explain it better, thats what they are getting paid for. Also dont hesitate to go to hospital if you feel somethings wrong, better to be sent home for nothing, then stay at home and its too late.

But I wouldnt worry, unless you have a history of M/C or Premature birth, I woudlnt worry about it.

Dyan

pregnancy

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2008 - 8:30am

Michelle,

I think your drs would have told you if they were concerned, but just double check with them to make sure. Did they check your cervix? Did it look o.k.? When they saw at my Level ll u/s that

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2008 - 10:32am

My cervix was long and good.

My amniotic fluid was a little low but that's from M/S which thankfully is getting better.

I've been praying for you!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2008 - 10:15pm

AWESOME! Then contract away... Just kidding. In my pregnancy at 40 when everything was great I did get significant contractions pretty early. I did always notice them more if I didn't drink enough during the day. When they saw them on the u/s, I know I just felt tight, but not pain.( Braxton Hicks)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-10-2008 - 10:43am

No evening out here, not yet anyway. It's a boy - Luke with no middle name so far - at least today that's his name.

We're not planning on stopping until my body stops - so I understand your feelings. I just wish we hadn't wasted so much time in between kids. I have a seven and 11 year gap.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-11-2008 - 5:19pm

All that work doing a new siggy and I didn't even notice the bottom that says you have a boy due in May!! Oops, I'm not too alert lately, I guess. Luke's a cute name, but I always have a hard time staying with my choice of names until the day of the birth.

I also wish that I didn't waste time in between kids. It's weird, I always new I wanted more, but I still thought we were done. Then, one day

Photobucket