Crying, but I dont feel sad I feel happy

iVillage Member
Crying, but I dont feel sad I feel happy
Sun, 01-20-2008 - 10:01pm

HI, well as you all know I had a baby 5 days ago and well I am not depressed, I can function around the house getting the stuff I need to do done. I feel happy and every time I look at my little boy I just get this loving feeling all over. But geezzz, any time I read a card that talks about little toes and baby things or think about my little bundle of joy I get all teary eyed. I look into that little guys eyes and I just cant believe that I made him, that he is mine, he is so perfect that I just want to eat him up.

I read about the baby blues, but I dont feel blue... I feel up and excited. I am not losing sleeping my baby sleeps 4 to 5 hours during the night between feeding so I get plenty of sleep, so then why am I crying, I mean I know im a super sensative person and I cry more often them most normal people, even over tv shows (yep im sappy). It must be all the pregnancy hormones still in my system,

Does anyone else feel this way who has recently given birth or has anyone felt this way?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Dyan

baby development

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-20-2008 - 10:27pm

Dyan,

I can still tear up just talking about my baby and she's five months.

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-20-2008 - 11:04pm

Thanks Carol.

OH my oh my im crying again... Yes maybe it is because i am older now and I dont remember the others affecting me this way. I was more selfish back when I was in my twenties, I have always cried at movies, or at very inspiring stories, oh and that song "take the wheel" that one had me bawling all the way to work one morning. It will probably be worse when i have the next child. But that one might cause some depression because that one will be the last baby.

Thank you for making me feel better, I didnt think it was the baby blues, because im not blue over the baby,, Im excited about him and watching him grow up. I wish I was younger.
sometimes I wish I had a time machine, and sometimes I just pray that there is more after life after this world. OK im rambling like a nut case now. I know that time is precious and I am going to make every day count, and every moment with all my kids and my husband before life is gone and its too late!!!

just rambling from the koo koo house.. LOL

Dyan

baby development

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-20-2008 - 11:12pm

Ramble Away!

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-21-2008 - 12:57pm

Dyan,

I have been crying easily, too - sometimes because I'm happy, sometimes because something strikes me as sad, or touching. I attribute a lot of it to the hormones, plus sleep deprivation, plus, as you said, just the realization as "older moms" of how precious this time really is. I don't feel I am depressed either - just more easily emotional. :-) I don't think it's unusual at this point.

Kitty

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

pregnancy
Sister Siggy Fall 08
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-21-2008 - 2:02pm

I don't have a newborn, but am going into my 11th week.

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-21-2008 - 4:08pm

OH I probably will ramble on.. im just a mushy person I guess...

Thanks for listening... or actually listening to you read what I write.. LOL

Dyan

baby development

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-21-2008 - 4:28pm

Well at least im not alone, with the flow of tears...

even reading posts about others crying make me cry.. I do know that if I still am crying all the time when i go for my 6 week apt.... I will discuss it with the doc. No body should be this weepy for that long.

it probably is just the hormones going back to normal! Not that I was normal in the first place.. but hey Normal is boring.. right?

Dyan

baby development

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-21-2008 - 4:32pm

Thanks,

I am making a mental note, Dont go see JUNO... crying in my bedroom or the bath room is enough.. but blubbering in public.. I think ill skip that..

I am glad you decided to stay with the board, it would have totally sucked to have to leave. You are such a good person.

Dyan

baby development

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-22-2008 - 3:07pm

hi Dyan,

Sounds like its pretty normal reaction to me. Between hormones and happiness of an adorable sweet little boy!! I posted an update on my test!! Hope your are enjoying that little one..

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-22-2008 - 11:20pm

Ill go look at your post,

Yes I guess its sort of normal to cry... I am ready to give up on nursing the baby, my nipples are so sore, i keep trying to get him to latch on better but geez it hurts.

I am enjoying my little baby boy so much though.

Dyan

baby development

Pages