Sharp darting pains around belly button?

iVillage Member
Sharp darting pains around belly button?
Sat, 03-08-2008 - 2:29pm

Last night I woke up out of a dead sleep with sharp darting pains shooting from my belly button down toward my pubic bone.

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-09-2008 - 11:50pm

I dont know if this has anything to do with the baby, or not, but I do know that I have always have the pain, if you touch my belly button its like a shooting pain that goes right down the center of my body and out my hooha, its always been that way ever since I can remember, even as a child, but if you are concerned call your doc, they love answering questions it makes them feel smart.... good luck

Dyan

baby development

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-10-2008 - 12:50am

Is it possible it's just your ligaments stretching? The way you describe it sounds just like what I get all the time, but lower and around. They say this is the stretching of your ligaments when it feels like this, but I don't know if there are any ligaments going up and down from your belly button or not.

Hopefully it's nothing to worry about. Good luck.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-11-2008 - 2:07pm

You were SO right, mitsuGirl!

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-11-2008 - 4:02pm
Glad I could help. I've been getting these for months and months now. Kinda agrevating (especially knowing that this means my belly is getting bigger-like there's any more room for that now lol). But at least it doesn't happen ALL the time (meaning daily basis etc.). Good Luck.