cramping at 7 months

iVillage Member
cramping at 7 months
Wed, 03-19-2008 - 7:14pm

Last night I took kids skating. (I just watched)I felt cramping occasionally. Then around 9 it began and would not stop. It felt like contractions to me because they were at least 5-10 min apart. This lasted from abut 9 until about 4am in the morning. I did not get any sleep and was just pacing the floor with these cramps. Finally I decided it was ok to take some sort of acetaminophen ( you know what I mean) .It helped and I was off to sleep in about 2 hours but woke up again with more cramps. They finally stopped the next morning.

I called my doc she said not to come in but to go to emergency room if needed and that they were on call 24/7 . Anybody have a clue about this situation or have had this happen. Any info would be good?

Nurse said if cramping stopped with Tylenol then it is false labor. It feels real to me.
Also today I still feel cramps but every now and then .

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-19-2008 - 7:40pm

Are your cramps really painful, it could be Braxton Hicks, I have heard sometimes it is difficult to tell.

Monica

Summer Fun

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-19-2008 - 9:49pm

You do still feel the baby kicking right... I would still go and get it checked out if I were you. better safe then sorry! There are so many things that can happen, and then there are things that seem bad but are really no big deal...the problem is you never know which it is.

So I would go to the hospital and get it checked out.if your not having problems then they send you home, if you are then you are in the right place.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

Dyan

baby development

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-19-2008 - 10:02pm
I would say that they are medium not bad enough for me to go to the emergency room but enough to keep me up and pace like I'm beginning labor. You could be right about dehydration. I feel like I could drink a gallon of water and that I'm never getting enough. I drink about a 3 small glasses a day and think I could be dehydrated. Ill drink more water and see if that helps.
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-19-2008 - 10:10pm
If what happens last night happens again I will go to the ER. I'm just scared they may want me to have the baby at 7 months and I know he is still little. I do feel him move around. He is very active. Put me in your prayers.