Who has tried a version procedure?

iVillage Member
Who has tried a version procedure?
Sat, 04-12-2008 - 12:07pm

I was wondering how many of you have tried the version procedure at the hospital to get the baby to turn head down?

Was it successful? Did they induce right after? Did you have an epi with the procedure?

If it wasn't successful, why? Where there any complications?

My midwife is scheduling one for me next week and I am just trying to prepare myself for this procedure and a possible c-section if it does not work and would like to hear your stories. I've heard other people on different boards talk about them, but wanted to get the opinion of the "over 40" age group.

(In order for them to do my version, they will give me an epi prior, try the version and if it works, induce my labor at that time to make sure that the baby does not turn back. If it is unsuccessful, they will proceed with a c-section right then and there).

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-14-2008 - 11:38pm
No one? I only have 2 more days to go before they try mine. The hospital tells me that their success rate is not very good.

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-16-2008 - 1:55am

Bump!

I have no idea at all but wish you the very best of luck!

Torielle

<Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-22-2008 - 5:41pm
Now that I have actually had this procedure done...I would NEVER do it again. To me, it was a traumatic experience and so not worth it.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-28-2008 - 5:07pm
So what happen? Did you have the baby through a c- section?
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-28-2008 - 8:39pm

Yes, I ended up having a c-section right after the procedure did not work. I figured since I was there and already had the epidural done, I might as well go ahead and deliver. I didn't see any point in waiting because my due date was in another 3 days. There was no hope for her turning at that point.

Are you going threw the same thing? Considering the version?