Borrowing trouble

iVillage Member
Borrowing trouble
Wed, 05-07-2008 - 5:27pm

Ladies:

I am 10 weeks today, and have had an early U/S at 8w 1d. We saw a strong heartbeat and the measurements were right on track with the fetal age... but I can't shake the worry that something might have gone wrong in there, and that the pregnancy may not be continuing.

I don't have a lot of pregnancy symptoms. I am tired, my nipples are really sore/sensitive, and I feel a low grade nausea especially in the morning. So that is something.

To make things worse, I keep hearing about women who have had U/Ss at like 8 and 10 weeks, and gone back at 12 to find that they have lost the pregnancy.

I always thought that once you saw the heartbeat, the risk of m/c dropped markedly; but this happened to me... U/S at 6w with everything great and then nothing. It was a total devastating shock.

I am seriously considering purchasing a doppler.

Sorry for this crazy vent... but I had to get it out.

Libby

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-10-2008 - 10:22am

Should I fall back to old patterns, I will expect a sharp reminder!

Thanks for the note!

Libby

BabyNamey.com Name Badge

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-09-2008 - 9:32pm
Hang in there!

stellasiggy.jpg picture by estellaberg

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-09-2008 - 7:35pm

Yikes! My own stalker!!!

Thanks Kim. I appreciate the pep talk!

Your pal,
Libby

BabyNamey.com Name Badge

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-09-2008 - 3:52pm

Libby, OK Gal I am officially here to lecture you! Get off the "worry pot" you will be fine as the poster above said its out of your control so enjoy these days! I understand the loss of prior pregnancies has you scared but as hard as it is for your own mental health put the past in the past and enjoy the wonderful future! You are where i want to be

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-09-2008 - 7:02am

Carol:

Once I get confirmation of the heartbeat next Wednesday, I think I will be able to coast along a bit better. These early days are precious, and delicate, and... well... lots can go wrong.

I am keeping these worried feelings off the TTC > 40 Board, as I don't want any negativity to clutter up the positive energy needed to continue on that journey. But seriously, we try so hard to get in this "condition" and then due to past losses, we worry away the first couple of months.

Over the last couple of days I am feeling fairly good about everything, I am having lots of P&PT around this pregnancy, and I am trying to keep the faith.

Thanks for the note! Nice to see you over here!

Libby

BabyNamey.com Name Badge

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-08-2008 - 9:16pm
Hang in there Libby.

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-08-2008 - 3:51pm

Hi Libby, first congratulations on your pregnancy!

Monica

Summer Fun

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-08-2008 - 10:03am

Great advice from both of you, thanks!

Libby

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-07-2008 - 7:33pm

Hey, not every lady pukes away during pregnancy and gets dark blotches in the cheeks and all that stuff; What you are describing are normal and average signs of pregnancy - I work in a place with a lot of women, and I felt so guilty that I had such a mild first trimester when some of them had hyperemesis so bad they needed to give themselves bags of IV fluids at home. But that's the exception and not the norm.
The poster above has the right advice for you... Enjoy!!! most of the bad things that can happen are things you have zero control on, so worrying does absolutely no good and robs you of the joyful time you could be having.

Carmen in AZ

pregnancy calendar
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-07-2008 - 5:51pm

You know I love this board because the women are so helpful and nice and because it seems no matter what you're going through somebody has been there before you and can help.