28 wks...baby/uterus small-ultrasound

iVillage Member
28 wks...baby/uterus small-ultrasound
Tue, 06-10-2008 - 8:19pm

Hi! Went in for my 28 week appt today and my uterus measured 25 cm...which is at the low end of what is considered normal...at 24 wks I had measured 24 cm...so only grew 1 cm in a month. In any case, the doc said it could be that the baby was in a sideways position...in any case I am going in for an ultrasound tomorrow to make sure our little fellow is OK. Any experience with this?

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-11-2008 - 10:32am

I'm at 27 weeks and the doctor has not made any comments about the size of my uterus - however, my baby spends alot of time sideways - I can feel his feet pressing out on one side and his head on the other. I think this and the fact that he is moving alot must be signs that he has plenty of room. Do you feel this? I wonder whether doctors don't just worry us too much sometimes. I hope and expect that the scan will reassure you.

Torielle

<Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-11-2008 - 10:14pm

HI Torielle...thanks for your reply! Hey, I went in today for the ultrasound and our little boy is growing just fine. I think you are right about Doctors causing too much worry sometimes...although I know my doctor is just being very thorough, which I appreciate. I any case, I hardly slept last night! We did get to see the baby on 3D ultrasound which was wonderful...we saw him yawning, and poking his eyes with his fingers...so cute.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-12-2008 - 11:03am

Great news, Maura!

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-12-2008 - 11:35am

Rachelle

Quite frankly I think your doctor sounds rubbish and I think you should change NOW. I changed at 28 weeks with DD precisely because my doctor was taking the fun aout of being pregnant. I decided I just didnt want her to deliver mychild. And it was the best thing I could have done. I am now delighted with the doctor I have changed to and have kept him second time around. I look forward to my appointments and come away feeling on a high. I know he would only do me a C-cestion if my or my baby's life were in danger because he knows I feel that way. My doctor's midwife just notes my weight down each time. There has been no mention of doing a glucose test this time around (although that could still come because I am only at 27 weeks).

How was your BMI before you fell pregnant? If you were 19 or 20 you NEED to have put on AT LEAST what you have put on, maybe more. I've put on 13 pounds and everyone I speak to (apart from my doctor, who doesnt comment!) says they think I should be putting on more since I'll have problems otherwise. But I know I'm fine because I'm right on track (or even a bit heavier) than last time.

I actually read that a baby grows as much as it will grow to fit your body. Any extra you eat will just layer itself onto the outside of your body. Maybe this is not correct, but I did read it...also, even if DH is big, baby will follow mother's dimensions because it is biologically programmed that way. I would stop cutting out the carbs because you and baby need tham. You sound as though you had a a really balanced diet before, just cutting out the sugar. I'd go back to it if I were you.

Just my 2 cents (which are worth more than US cents because they are dnominations of the euro...)

Torielle

<Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2008 - 11:54am

Hi,

Glad to read the ultrasound was good and you got to see the baby!

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-13-2008 - 3:11pm

Agreeing with other posters that you may need to consider changing doctors.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-19-2008 - 1:32am

My daughter was having problems with her doctor and back in February decided to change doctors. Well, they couldn't get her in (because she was a new patient) until April. Then we had car problems and had to reschedule. When she went in for the appointment, all of a sudden they didn't have her scheduled.