Co-sleeper bassinets

iVillage Member
Co-sleeper bassinets
Sun, 06-15-2008 - 10:47am

Has any of you ever used this product or something similar? They are bassinets that attach to the side of the parent's bed so your baby is literally at arm' reach, so during the night you only have to scoot the baby over to you for feeding. After my first baby (born by c-section) one of the worse moments was to roll out of bed in the first couple of weeks, try to lift the baby and go for breast feeding. Later I learned to just bring him over to the bed and snooze while he was breastfeeding. He was premature and small (about 4 lbs) and fed very often, so it was day and night every couple of hours. I saw this thing on a magazine and it sounds to be just the stuff! Specially since I will more than likely end up with another c-section. Would love to hear if any of you has used anything like that.

If any of you is interested on checking them out, the name is "Arm's reach co-sleepers"

Carmen in AZ

pregnancy calendar
pregnancy calendar
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-15-2008 - 3:37pm
I think that I have seen
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-15-2008 - 9:30pm
I have one and used it with my daughter.
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-17-2008 - 2:32am

It's so good to hear from another cosleeper! My daughter has just turned 3 and is still showing no signs of wanting to move to her own bed. I am surrounded by people who tell me this is a "bad" thing. I bf her until 2, but even when

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-17-2008 - 12:18pm
We have co-slept with all our babies, 7 in all.
Photobucket

A baby is a gift from God

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-17-2008 - 12:34pm

Torielle,

Yes many people look at me as if i am "nutts" for having the babies in my bed but it was perfect for me!

What I did with the first..... (because my

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-18-2008 - 3:55pm

WOW!! I am so happy to read that many other moms co-sleep with their babies, I only have one DS 2 yrs 1m and we had co-slept since he was 1.5 months, it was easiest for me to BF but a huge fight with DH, he had never liked it, he even "accused" me with a nurse practitioner one time and wow, that lady gave me such a hard time for the extended BF and the co-sleeping, off course we don't go with her any more,alway with the dr who couldn't care less as long as my DS is healthy.

Now my second one is coming and this time I will co-sleep since day one, my DS is kind of making his way out of my bed by his own, I bought him a toddler bed that is in my room where he naps during the day and sleeps at night most of the night, he just started like a week ago and he asked to be put on his bed himself, last night he didn't want the bed so he slept half the night with me. I just hope he will be sleeping thru the night on his own bed when the baby comes.

Kim you just gave me a such a great idea, DS loves tractors and trucks so will go with him to the store and will get him new nice sheets for his bed, hope he'll stick to his bed, i personally love to sleep with him, I simply adore the cuddling but DH is so against it that in part I am doing it for him, any of you get support from DH in the co-sleeping or is it only mine that complains.

--Teresa

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-23-2008 - 5:19pm

Get it!

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-24-2008 - 5:32pm
Dont worry about the extended BFing I did each of mine until 3yrs! As for DH he supported BFing but as far as co-sleeping goes he like them out of the bed by 3yrs and has given me hell for having my 7 yr old still camping out with us at times!!

KIM

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-25-2008 - 3:36pm

Thanks for all the good feedback on the bassinets and the co-sleeping. I have almost succeeded in moving my eldest back tohis bed, after he relapsed into co-sleeping after the big move from Minnesota, and I am sort of worried that he may relapse again when the new baby comes. He always seems to do that when he is sick, upset or worried. I got good feedback from a co-worker who is very pregnant and used the bassinet for her first child. It worked well for her, she also told me not to waste money on the larger size, but just buy the mini, as it can hold a baby up to 1 year old, and it is a lot easier to get out of bed with the smaller size (not to mention, it is 100 bucks cheaper). On my side of things, I think it would be helpful to reduce my fears of smothering the baby and to keep a safe space for him/her if big brother moves in the bed. I love co-sleeping, but OMG, Ollie is such a horrible bed mate! He will toss, turn, punch, kick and spill milk all over the bed.

Carmen in AZ

pregnancy calendar
pregnancy calendar