Anyone have epi pain still?

iVillage Member
Anyone have epi pain still?
Sun, 07-20-2008 - 1:38am

Has anyone on the board ever had a c-section and have a lot of lower back pain around the epidural area? Or even just problems with having an epi with natural birth as well.

This was one of my big fears of having an epi, but I had no choice due to a breech baby. I read up before having the epi that a lot of people described it as being like a "bee sting". Mine was nothing of the sort...it was VERY painful with A LOT of pressure like someone was pressing so hard on my backbone that it was about to break.

After coming home from the hospital 3 days later, it still hurt around that area...meaning lower back pain...not the skin area itself. Then it gradually stopped hurting all the time as the month went on.

Now, I'm 3 months PP and I'm having

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-28-2008 - 12:45am
So no one on this board has had an epidural with back pain afterwards for months/years etc.?

Sakari at 1 month old:

sakari small

Sakari at 2 months old

Photobucket

2 months old

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-29-2008 - 5:08pm

I had pretty severe back pain for about 18 months after my third baby was born (vaginal birth with epidural). No one would believe me that the epidural

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-08-2008 - 3:14pm

Well, I'm now almost 6 months PP and still having the severe back pain. I decided to go to a chiropractor just to see if it would help any.

He took pictures of my back...O M G!