Baby shower question

iVillage Member
Baby shower question
Sun, 07-20-2008 - 2:02am

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-20-2008 - 6:52am

Hi,

I think it would be a wonderful idea to have a "shower" after the baby comes!

Mom to Jeffrey, a 7 year old ball of fire,&nbs

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-20-2008 - 1:32pm

By all means give that girl a shower after the fact!

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-20-2008 - 7:14pm

Actually, she's pretty set as far as everything she needs. The only thing she hasn't got yet is a car seat <--- which I know is a BIG need to bring the baby home in of course.

Other than that, she has clothes for the baby up until he's going to be 1 year old. She will be inheriting most of my baby's items...bassinet, swing etc because my baby will be out growing them when her baby comes.

When I found out I was pregnant I started getting things right away. EVERYTHING you could possibley need for a baby, I stocked up on including her wardrobe until she is 2 years old. She has enough clothes that I could probley never put her in the same outift but twice the entire time. My daughter started doing the same thing when she found out she was pregnant. I guess you can say we liked to be well prepared. lol

Anyhow, when she gave me a baby shower, we put on the invitations that the only items I needed were items that would be used up quickly like powder, wipes, ointment , lotion, baby bath items etc. Then we also stated to bring diapers for a diaper drawing we had. This helped me tremendously. My baby is 3 months old and I am still completely stocked up on these items and still won't have to buy them any time soon. This is the same thing that we are going for with my daughters baby. That and the fact that we like to have get togethers and a baby party.

Sakari at 1 month old:

sakari small

Sakari at 2 months old

Photobucket

2 months old

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-23-2008 - 7:00am

I just ran into this situation with my SIL.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-23-2008 - 10:52pm

I say wait till the baby comes home and since you said she is already pretty much set for stuff, maybe you could have a diaper/formula party where when people bring either of those items any size their names goes into a hat for little prizes.. its a fun game and you can hit the dollar store up for gifts like candles and makeup or hair accessories little stuff.

you can never have too many diapers or too much food.

Good luck and congrats to both of you again

baby Mikey at 2 months Wow what a change

baby development

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-25-2008 - 12:41am

Yea, I think that's what I'm going to do. That's pretty much what they did for me...with diapers and supplies. But a few people ended up bringing other things...clothes, which I really didn't mind b/c they were just adorable!

She's home from the hospital (yesterday)...so I guess I need to get planning. I'm still trying to get my house together from moving (painting, decorating etc.) Ugh!

You'll get a kick out of this....When my daughter was in labor (at 3am on Sunday night) we knew we wanted to play the game were people take yarn and try to guess how big the mom is. Well, at 3am, I was rushing around the house getting ready to take her to the hospital, looking for yarn to measure her really quick...to still be able to play the game. lol

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-26-2008 - 12:00pm

That is soooo funny!!!! congrats on her coming home. two babies woot woot!!!!

I know just how you feel on the decorating, I am trying to finish redoing my kitchen.. paint counters floors aaaaaaaakkkkkkkk!!!! its nut I tell ya.. it will look great when im finished but dang I dont want to paint any more! I have this painting outfit and who wants to ruin more cloths so Ifeel like I have been wearing the same cloths over and over the last two weeks.... I wash them but still ick and they are not even good looking cloths... so I feel dirty and dumpy... I figure one more week and I will be done...

good luck on the new baby!! and the party

baby development

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-03-2008 - 12:36am
I probably should have picked a pair of clothes for painting only in...instead...I now have "several" paint clothes. lol

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-03-2008 - 12:04pm

I had a preemie, and my co-workers ended up throwing a shower when the baby was about a month old. It worked out well - they got to see the baby, I got out of the house for a couple of hours, and everything they gave me was needed. Sometimes it is not worth it to force things, so if it does not work out to have a shower right now, then it doesn't, and hopefully your daughter understands (specially when you seem to be doing so much for her!). Like another poster said, there are so many silly displays in showers, it is really all about well wishing and having fun with the mom to be.

Carmen in Az

pregnancy calendar
pregnancy calendar
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-03-2008 - 11:06pm

show off.. LOL

I had to tape everything and im messy messy messy! good thing we are ripping up my kitchen floor because its got all kinds of paint on it...

I used a ladder to reach high places... and in the stair well that was too high I placed a ladder on the steps and leaned it forward on the wall to get there.

I dont have a steady hand good thing they make those painting pads with the wheels for edging in, today we installed my kitchen sink and counter.. wow what a difference it makes.

Dyan

baby development

Pages