What made me think I could do this??

iVillage Member
What made me think I could do this??
Tue, 08-05-2008 - 8:02am

Up until a few days ago, I was really happy that I had not developed any back pain.

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-05-2008 - 9:17am

You know what you need?

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-05-2008 - 12:31pm

Hang in there!!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!

I had my first at 38 yrs old. I remember at some point crying in my doctor's office and asking "What's wrong with me? I don't like being pregnant!" She laughed and said that most people don't. (Once you pass the ago of 17, it gets harder, she said.) You will make it - just a little time left. Don't put restrictions on yourself about inducing or a c/s...take one day at a time and you'll know what is best for you when the time comes.

My concrete advice is to see a reputable chiropractor. That can REALLY help with your back pain. I see one about once a month, and pregnancy always throws my pubic bone and lower back out of alignment.

Good luck!!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-05-2008 - 2:05pm

Amanda has great advice! There are treatments for back pain, massage, chiro alignment... don't suffer is you don't have to.

Libby

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-06-2008 - 6:22am

OK Rachelle, take a deep breath!

Mom to Jeffrey, a 7 year old ball of fire,&nbs

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-06-2008 - 10:19am

I suddenly remember feeling EXACTLY like that with my first - I was 34 at the time. I think we block that out after the baby arrives!

My hands were so swollen I couldn't hold a hairbrush or my blowdryer in the morning, I could barely get out of bed or up and down the stairs in my house. I was going for massages 2-3 times a week (I HIGHLY recommend that!!) I lived on Tums and Gaviscon for 3 months and swelled up so bad I couldn't wear socks or boots (in the middle of a Canadian winter!), or my rings, or my watch, or most of my maternity clothes - I lived in a

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-06-2008 - 2:41pm

If it makes you feel any better, I see nothing but pregnant women where I work (doing classes in a busy L&D unit). Obviously the vast majority of the moms are younger than us - sometimes so much so that I'm doing the math in my head and then horrified that I could be HER mother!!) but I have to say that regardless of age, many moms in the last days of pregnancy experience the same aches and pains that you describe. 20-somethings are waddling around complaining of their sciatica, difficulty standing, heartburn, etc. just as much as 30- and (*GULP*) 40-somethings.

I once heard that it was God's secret plan to make you so incredibly uncomfortable at the end of a pregnancy so you'd be ready for it to be over. Kind of a mean motivator but it sure does work. :o)

You're down to mere days. You can do it!!!!!

Marci

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-06-2008 - 6:45pm

Hi Dawn,

Just have to say I finished my bottle of gaviscon last nite...used it liberally with DS and am really sad it's gone.

Mom to Jeffrey, a 7 year old ball of fire,&nbs

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-07-2008 - 9:33am

Thank you ladies for responding with all the support and good advice.

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-07-2008 - 12:06pm
OK, chiming in again.
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-08-2008 - 12:19am

you can do it, and you are doing it.. no turning back now. I felt like crap too, super tired and super hungry and out of breath, with legg cramps and all the ickies that come with old age and pregnancy,.... but you can do this and in two weeks you wont even remember feeling this way.

Chin up sweety not much more to go.

and yes you will have the stamina to get through and push push push to get your son.. remember we are woman and we can do anything!!!!!

Dyan

baby Mikey at 2 months Wow what a change

baby development

Pages