Sleeping woes during late pregnancy...

iVillage Member
Sleeping woes during late pregnancy...
Sun, 08-17-2008 - 11:56pm

Hello!!!

I am less than 2 weeks now from my due date and thought up until about a week ago, that this pregnancy thing was no big woop! It is definately not easy now! My biggest issue right now is not being able to sleep. Early in the pregnancy I was up a lot with nausea but still managed to get a good 6 or 7 hours of sleep. I have been famous for passing out with my nearly 2 year old during nap time too throughout the pregnancy. Sleep hasn't been great the past few months but I still managed to get adequate sleep if combined with a daytime nap. For the past week I have averaged 3-4 hours a night and cannot for the life of me even fall asleep at naptime. I am so tired and yesterday felt like I could barely function...today was a bit better because I got a good solid 4 hours of sleep last night!

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-18-2008 - 12:22am

I'm right there behind you, Miss Maura!

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-19-2008 - 11:39am

I was sleeping ok apart from getting up 7 times each night to go to the toilet (anyone have any advice on this?!) until last night. I think it might have been the full moon, but in any case, baby wouldnt stop heaving last night and my brain started spinning and I started being anxious about anything and everything. I dont really know of any solutions, though, I can just sypmathise. You could try going for a long walk, followed by a hot bath, to make you really switch off...

Torielle

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-20-2008 - 5:16am

Hi,

No solutions here either...just profound empathy.

Mom to Jeffrey, a 7 year old ball of fire,&nbs

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-20-2008 - 11:06pm

Thanks for your thoughts! THe past 2 nights haven't been as bad...maybe my doula is right when she says that your body will sleep before labor begins....it knows it needs to be rested! I am

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-21-2008 - 5:15am

So there is hope for me yet...just 10 or so more weeks of no sleeping :)

Glad your body is cooperating (and a bit jealous).

Mom to Jeffrey, a 7 year old ball of fire,&nbs

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-22-2008 - 11:41am

Do you know what, Maura, I have just had two great nights too - I think baby and I sleep badly in the run-up to full moon, and once it's become full we are ok again.

I have been having lots of contractions for the past 10 days, some of them fairly painful. It showed up on my foetal monitoring chart yesterday as a contraction every 10 minutes! I have also been having an awful lot of abdominal cramps. My midwife says my cervix is still closed but very soft, indicating that once it starts it will go quickly, so I musnt hesitate but get to the hospital straight away...I'm trying to explain what to do in an emergency to DH just in case!

I take hope from what your doula says about the body resting as labour approaches...

Torielle

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-26-2008 - 12:34am

I really hated the last couple of weeks of my pregnancy...even the 3 pregnancy's I had in my 20's.