Adjusting to newborn being younger aunt

iVillage Member
Adjusting to newborn being younger aunt
Tue, 09-02-2008 - 7:13pm
Can anyone relate or know someone older than their aunt/uncle? I'm 25 weeks pregnant, 54 and I have two grandchildren ages 7 and 3. My oldest, a daughter, is 33. My second husband and I have a child who is 11, and we
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-03-2008 - 10:25pm

I'm ALMOST in that same situation...but not quite.

Me and my daughter were pregnancy together. My new baby girl was born April 17 and my oldest daughter had her baby on July 21st. So my baby became an aunt at 3 months and 4 days old. Then my oldest son and finance are having a baby in March. So, all 3 of them will be less than a year apart. Kinda similar.

Sakari at 1 month old:

sakari small

Sakari at 2 months old

Photobucket

2 months old

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-09-2008 - 2:21pm

I'm on the other side of the scenario. My brother is 18 years older than me, and my youngest niece is just 10 years younger than I am. She married young and had kids right away; I married late. She was the matron on honor at my wedding and was pregnant with her 2nd child at the time!

As a result, my 85 year old dad had 4 great grandchildren that are all older than my kids! Frankly, it doesn't bother us at all. I am close both the my brothers and their kids, and it doesn't matter at all that my children's cousins are 30-40 years older than they are!

Whatever works!

Amanda