C-Section Support Please!

iVillage Member
C-Section Support Please!
Sat, 09-13-2008 - 10:41pm

Just looking for some support or nice experiences from a c-section. I am 36+ weeks pregnant and have a marginal previa so for sure I'll be having a c-section.

I am so nervous about this. Having surgery while awake scares me. I'll be scheduling my c-section soon.

Any tips and advise, good experiences please share!

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-14-2008 - 9:23am

I have not had a c-section, but have several friends that have. The overwhelming consensus is that if the c section is scheduled it is not bad at all!! I have two friends that had emergency c's with baby 1 and scheduled c's for baby 2 and the difference is night and day!

Relax and enjoy the new baby.

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-14-2008 - 9:40am
Make sure you ask to have your baby handed immediatly to YOU after delivery, I had my baby handed to me barley wrapped in a towel and I held him the ENTIRE time
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-15-2008 - 3:53pm

I had an emergency c with DS and it was fine - I had absolutely no problems with receovery and very little pain. My doctor says that scheduled ones are even easier to receover from. I agree with the PPs, ask to hold your baby right away. I was put right under with DS, he was all cleaned up and held by everyone else before me. I expected that because I was unconscious, but it still bothers me a little bit. I plan to make sure that doesn't happen again this time (I'm already scheduled for December 30).

good luck!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-16-2008 - 9:56am
I have had 3 sections--all were scheduled.

Carol, mom to 7

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-17-2008 - 9:35pm

I have had 2 c-sections and will have my 3rd in march. My first was breech so that was a done deal (I did try to have her turned with no luck). My dr's do not do VBAC's so there you go.

You walk in in no pain. You don't wait too long. The spinal is a bit tense but really not so different than an epidural would be. It is an odd feeling when you cant feel anything. I mean my legs were bent at one point and I had no idea. It is nice to hear somethings as the surgery goes on but not everything. be ready to talk to your So a lot. Both times my baby was given to me as soon as they came out for a few minutes. I couldn't hold them myself but they laid them on my chest and help them there. The recovery is ok. The first 2 days suck! day one you will be in bed with a catheter and day two

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-18-2008 - 10:54pm

I have had 3 vaginal deliverys (in my 20's) and then my 4th baby (at age 42) was delivered c-section. My baby was breech and we tried to do the version (where they turn the baby) and it did not work. I had an epidural for that procedue and when we discovered that it was not going to work, they gave me the chance to go ahead and have her c-section right away. I was petrified!

However, I had the best anesthesiologist

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-24-2008 - 10:50pm
I've had both a vaginal birth and a c-section and I thought the c-section was a walk in the park compared to the vaginal birth.

Susan V