scare

iVillage Member
scare
Sun, 10-12-2008 - 10:12am

Ok, I have been researching the prenatal screening tests and had almost decided to go with my instinct and bypass most of them. Then I can across something I didn't know....the link between hot tub use and birth defects. Now I am getting a little freaked out...sorry I looked! I used my sister's hot tub before I knew I was pregnant. It was a one time thing, early on (2.5 weeks along?)....

iVillage Member
In reply to: amy_43
Mon, 10-13-2008 - 10:42pm

You're welcome!

hope I helped

Dyan

baby Mikey at 2 months Wow what a change

baby development

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-12-2008 - 9:47pm

Thank you!!!

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-12-2008 - 1:43pm

HI

I wouldnt start panicking, you were in the tub once!!! they say drinking causes birth defects too, but a lot of woman ended up pregnant because they were drunk and some woman have a few drinks before they find out they are pregnant, I know I found out after my aniversary and I had a few and my baby is fine.....

One trip in the hot tub is not going to hurt you , from what I read your are not supposed to let your body temp rise over 101, but what if you are sick and have a fever of 102, I believe a one time deal wont hurt.

if you are worried call your doc talk to them, I'm sure they will tell you the same thing. and besides being 2.5 weeks along maybe the baby hadn't even implanted yet.

Now get off the internet have your screening non evasive testing and then base a decision on what the results are, not what you read on line, you will scare your self to death if you read on line too much.

Good luck

Dyan

baby Mikey at 2 months Wow what a change

baby development