Postparum Depression

iVillage Member
Postparum Depression
Wed, 10-22-2008 - 3:39pm

Does anyone have any experience with PPD?

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-22-2008 - 10:00pm

I felt the same way, during the first two months I cried over everything, happy in love with my baby, worried what kind of life im going to provide for this baby in the future, tears flowed freely, but I didnt think it was ppd because it didnt hinder my taking care of the baby, it didnt stop me doing daily things it just meant carry around some cleanex or else.

to this day I cry over a lot, my mother in law was telling me about a movie she watched about this dad being handed a baby he didnt know he had and how he was walking down a boat ram and the stroller got away from him and his prized possession guitar was on top he chose to save the baby and for got all about his guitar, and yep you guessed it just from her telling me about it I started to cry, so

I dont think I have ppd and I didnt have any crazy thoughts as my doc put it, so I didnt worry about it, I just figured it was hormones balancing out, plus being more sensitive and in tune with a new baby.

if it dont get better ask your doctor about it.

Good luck
Dyan

baby development

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-23-2008 - 12:27am

Sorry you're going through this, Rachelle.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-23-2008 - 11:16am
I get PPD and even have it during pg as well. It can be very debilitating. I urge you to tell your doctor about your feelings and ask for some treatment options. I started taking some meds for anxiety/depression and am much happier now.
Tracy, 40
DH, 44
DD-18, DD-15, DD-11, DSS-9, DS-2.5
due 4/27

Tracy, 40
DH, 44
DaD-28, DD-18, DD-15, DD-11, DSS-10, DS-3

pregnancy

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-23-2008 - 11:20am

Hi Rachelle,

Sorry you're going through this. Not being around for my baby never really crossed my mind. I just live one day at a time and enjoy everyday I have with her.

I just wanted to offer some support. I don't really know what to say but I hope everyday gets better for you.

Hugs from Chicago -

Ricci

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-23-2008 - 1:29pm

Dont be sad, Rachelle, but if it doesnt go away you may need medical advice. I havent had PPD but I have felt and am feeling so many of the emotions you and those replying to your post have mentioned. I am ridiculously scared that I will suddenly get a terminal illness and leave my 2 darlings motherless. Indeed, last night one of my breasts was so swollen that I lay awake for over an hour wondering if I had a really nasty BC and if so, how would I or anyone else know it with so much going on at the moment (i am tired, my breasts hurt and are lumpy and my last blood test showed an abnormally low lymphocyte count - now i dont know what that means but it is certainly a sign of a weakened immune system!)

I cry at almost anything I watch on TV, which is why I've more or less stopped watching and the same happens when i read anything baby-related in novels or the newspaper.

I really empathise with what you are saying about not wanting your life to end because it is so good. Even on bad days when I argue with DH, baby cries and DD is stroppy, I feel I am the luckiest woman in the world and fear that it cant continue and I will have to "pay" for it sometime.

If I'm honest I am most scared that I will die and someone else will have the pleasure of rearing my children and they will forget me. And that is just selfish!!

I was sad about Paul Newman too, by-the-way.

What I've said surely doesnt help at all - but i wanted to join in all the same!

Big hugs

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-24-2008 - 2:21pm

Thanks, Dyan for letting me know that I am not alone.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-24-2008 - 2:54pm

Thanks, Joan for always being there!

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-24-2008 - 3:06pm

Thank you, Tracy Lynn for your support.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-24-2008 - 3:18pm

Thanks, Ricci for taking out time from your busy day as a new mom to show some support.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-24-2008 - 4:24pm

Thanks, Torielle for all of the positive reinforcement.

Pages