Taking Zoloff?

iVillage Member
Taking Zoloff?
Sat, 10-25-2008 - 11:33am

Hi Ladies.....I need your help. I am 20 weeks along and have been struggling with terrible anxiety. I lost my mom in July and had a miscarriage in April. The last two years have been very difficult and I just don't think it's healthy to struggle like this without help. I called my Doc and talked to the nurse who is amazing. The Doc prescribed 50 mg of Zoloff. I had a long talk with the pharmacist. I was pretty comfortable to start taking it until I came home and went on the internet.Probably NOT a good Idea.Anyway.......has anyone else taken it while pregnant?

Thanks for the Help.

TLC

I am 25 weeks and started t
iVillage Member
In reply to: tlc_5
Sat, 10-25-2008 - 4:21pm

I've been on Zoloft for about 8 years for anxiety/depression and this is my 2nd pregnancy while taking it. Both my OB and Doc knew & approved of staying on medication because being emotionally healthy during pregnancy is actually better for your baby. Anxiety, depression, and/or stress during pregnancy contributes to low birth weight and prematurity (just google "pregnancy depression anxiety prematurity").

There is a board where you can find info about pregnancy and depression here and I have found it helpful for anxiety as well: http://messageboards.ivillage.com/n/mb/listsf.asp?webtag=iv-pppregndep&nav=start

Good luck to you. I feel rather confident that I am taking care of myself and my baby better if I take my Zoloft (and my kids like me better, too).

Tracy, 40
DH, 44
DD-18, DD-15, DD-11, DSS-9, DS-2.5
due 4/27

Tracy, 40
DH, 44
DaD-28, DD-18, DD-15, DD-11, DSS-10, DS-3

pregnancy

iVillage Member
In reply to: tlc_5
Sat, 10-25-2008 - 5:44pm

I have never taken Zoloft or any other anti-depressant, so I can't speak on it from a personal experience stand point.