Bleeding at 11 weeks

iVillage Member
Bleeding at 11 weeks
Sun, 11-23-2008 - 8:12pm
I am almost 11 weeks pregnant and I started bleeding on Saturday night after my fiance and I had sex. It was pretty heavy bleeding with clots and through the night I soaked through a pad. I called my doctor right away and he told me that it could be a number of things and as long as I was not in pain or hemorraghing that there was no need to go to the ER unless I really wanted to. Needless to say we were both freaked out. Today I have stayed off my feet and the bleeding is very minimal. I have to go and see the doctor tomorrow. I have been reading all over the internet that bleeding is not always associated with miscarriage but since I have had three prior ones and no full term pregnancies, I am a bit concerned. My sister told me that I should have gone to the ER just to be sure and to know now instead of tomorrow, but I think that

iVillage name sig
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-23-2008 - 9:55pm

I am sure that things will turn out ok, I gushed blood with my 17 yo son and with my 15 yo daugther and as you see both are here

So anyway I will be hoping and praying that things are just fine, and yes I do understand about not wanting to go to the er. the unknown is very scary..

Please let us know whats whats tomorrow as we will be waiting to hear good news.

Dyan

baby development

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-23-2008 - 9:59pm

Hi Dawn, sorry that you are going through this....bleeding is so scary. I had bleeding from weeks 6-12, and at one point it was really bad and I thought for sure it was a miscarraige - I've had two misses, and also have two children. My doctor was not real helpful in that dept either, all he would tell me is that the bleeding is a sign of a "threatened abortion" and to take it easy and stay off my feet, and what will be will be. It probably wont make a big difference that you waited a day to go see the dr, I've done that too....waited until after the bleeding ended before

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-24-2008 - 5:18am

Hi Dawn

Just wanted to let you know I'll be thinking of you today and sending positive thoughts your way.

Mom to Jeffrey, a 7 year old ball of fire,&nbs