Good news - update!!

iVillage Member
Good news - update!!
Mon, 11-24-2008 - 2:48pm
Well I went and saw the doctor today and I had an ultrasound. My heart was pounding so hard and I wouldn't even look at the screen when it was being done. The tech just said would you look at that little booger? The baby is fine!! It even flipped around during the ultrasound. The heartbeat was 167 and she said that this was good. The measurements were right in line with where they should be too. She put me at 11 weeks 1 day. I then went and saw the doctor and he explained to me that the placenta is towards the bottom of my uterus and that the bleeding was caused by the afterbirth being right there. He said that this could be reabsorbed by my body or I could continue to bleed for a few more days. For right now things are fine, but he did put me on bed rest for a week and I go back next week for another ultrasound and exam. There still is a possibility that I could miscarry, but for now the doctor is encouraged by the strong heartbeat, the size of the baby and the fact that my cervix is still closed. He did say that because of the position of the placenta that if it doesn't change then I will have to have a c-section. I was actually relived by that news as I have been terrified of the actual labor part. I told him that and he laughed. He also did some blood work to test me for a few things due to my previous miscarriages and my current bleeding. I just remember what one of them was for and that was something that is kind of like lupus, but not lupus. I should have those results next week. This is the first time that I have seen this particular doctor and he was very nice and patient. He took the time with me and asked me if I had any questions. He told me to call him if I had any concerns. I did mention to him that I knew that I was considered high risk due to my age (41) and he said hey now I am 47 and I don't want to be considered advanced aged!! That made me laugh. I want to thank everyone for their encouragement and support during this scary time. I will keep you updated...

iVillage name sig
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

iVillage name sig
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-24-2008 - 2:51pm

So glad this had a happy ending, Dawn.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-24-2008 - 3:30pm
That is wonderful news!

Shelli, married to Jason for 18 years, mom to Derek(15), Alyssa(12), and Carly (2/26/09)

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-24-2008 - 4:51pm

So glad to hear all is well.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-24-2008 - 8:03pm

OH Dawn!!! WHAT GREAT NEWS!!!!

I am so happy for you, that the little baby is doign so well and a fast heart beat. .must be a girl, See she is already giving you grief LOL.. na could be a boy already acting like a hoodlum. LOL

Anyway, im so glad things are ok!..

GIRL did your doc look at you as if you had a horn growing out of your head when you said you would prefer a C section. .! lol

Dyan

baby development

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-24-2008 - 9:36pm
Yep, that's exactly what it was that I was tested for! They only took three vials of blood from me today so I think I was lucky there. I can't even imagine 20!! Yikes!

iVillage name sig

iVillage name sig
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-24-2008 - 9:45pm

My fiance thinks I am having a boy too. He has had morning sickness since we found out and with the birth of

iVillage name sig
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-24-2008 - 10:16pm

WEll I dont think that your Fiance will take your labor pains but you can use his arm for the pain transfers method of birthing. Its great you feel the pain then twist his arm off till he screams then the pain leaves you and goes on to him.. LOL

wow.. so he gets sick for you? Did you have Morning sickness or just him?

Good luck
Dyan

baby development

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-24-2008 - 10:28pm
I like that idea of twisting his arm!! Actually I have been perfectly fine, just a few days of feeling queasy here and there. I know I have been very lucky.

iVillage name sig

iVillage name sig
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-25-2008 - 6:10pm
You must be relieved...I am so happy for you, that sounds like good news. Now you can relax a little - you have too! Take Care!

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-25-2008 - 11:28pm

What great news you got at your last appointment!

Photobucket