iVillage Member
After baby...Materity Leave? Career?
Mon, 12-22-2008 - 3:12am

Hi all,

What are

Pregnancy ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-27-2008 - 2:46pm

I worked full-time by necessity when my first two were little, then part-time for several years later on (all the hours they were in school plus a little travel and evenings) and then have been staying home for the last two years due to moving states and our family not really needing my income as much as they needed me to be totally available to get everything done and drive everyone around.

Shelli, married to Jason for 18 years, mom to Derek(15), Alyssa(12), and Carly (2/26/09)

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-23-2008 - 1:48pm

I decided to stay home with my son who is now 18 month old and since I´m expecting again I won´t be working any time soon.

When my older kids where little I had to work and always had the feeling that I missed a lot of things when they grew up even though I knew they were well taken care off.

When we made the decision that I would stay home I thought I would miss working a lot but I have so much to do here at home and taking care of my son that I don´t miss working much, at least most of the time.

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-22-2008 - 8:18pm

LOL...you are not crazy! That is wonderful that you the opportunity to make that change!

I did it the other way around...I was home, went to school/work PT when my girls were little and entered preschool. Now I have a job that I cannot leave, so I will be doing FT day care. I will stay home as long as I can, 3-4 months, but it won't be long enough. But I am determined to make it work...and I don't have another option, but I have great family-friendly policies at my job and access to the best daycare and I am grateful for that.

Enjoy being home with your little one, the older ones will like it too. It will be an adjustment but a good one!