iVillage Member
Thu, 01-22-2009 - 1:30pm

Congratulations on your baby girl!!!

I had a SUA with my last baby.

Photobucket

A baby is a gift from God

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-22-2009 - 3:45pm
Thank you - I appreciate you taking the time to respond to me.
pregnancy calendar
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-26-2009 - 1:22am
Hi. With my eldest he had only 2 vessels instead of 3, but no one knew that until just the day he was delivered. It was missed on the 20 week u/s. He did show signs of stress when I was in labour, and immediately before he was born he did something that scared them, I expect either his heart completely stopped or slowed quite dramatically. The delivering doctor did an episiotomy on the next contraction and he was out right after. He did not cry, they whisked him away, but soon after we heard his lusty voice. They did several tests on him, but all was fine. I was much younger at the time and did not get too worried about it. If that happened now, I know I would freak out!!! He is now 13 yrs old, and strong and healthy, no problems whatsoever. If they had found it sooner, I have no idea what kind of monitoring they might have done or anything like that. My last two babies both had 3 vessels (I asked right away!) so it was just a fluke for him. It could be possible that there is a very small one there that your u/s tech could not see, I know they mentioned that as a possibility for me when they did the u/s the day he was born. (The u/s was to check the fluid level since my water had broken) Anyway, I hope all is fine for you and your baby continues to grow strong.

Michelle

Loving Mom to three

Michelle

Loving Mom to three rambunctious 

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-26-2009 - 12:15pm

Michelle.

THanks for the encouragement.

pregnancy calendar
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-08-2009 - 12:25am

Hi Teresa,

I know you already had some answers, but I'll throw mine in too since its hard to find enough encouragement about an SUA. First: do not look at the statistics online! They are skewed from trisomies, which from the tests you've done, looks like you are clear.

I had mine diagnosed at my ultrasound too. The tech got really detailed after she found the two vessel cord. She practically did a level II ultrasound herself, and whispered to me not to worry as I left. A week later I got the full level II and no other problems were found. I only did the nuchal translucency and screening, both were fine. My girl was born in August neither early nor small. 9lbs 8 ounces and induced a week late. I took her in for an ultrasound to check her kidneys etc. at 6 weeks, and she had no problems at all. Because of the SUA, they checked her over particularly carefully during her Apgar tests, so don't worry if they seem to take longer than you would think.

Sometimes, two vessel cord is just a quirk-the delivery nurse said they see it a lot without it having been diagnosed before delivery. If they haven't found any other markers at the tests you've already had I bet your girl is just fine.

Good luck and don't stress, I was freaking! Don't be a me!
Ginger
Good luck!

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-10-2009 - 10:59am

Ginger

pregnancy calendar