Aching lower back/hips

iVillage Member
Aching lower back/hips
Mon, 01-26-2009 - 10:56pm

Hi,

I just found out I was pregnant on Friday and my due date is Oct. 3rd.

pregnancy
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-27-2009 - 3:04am
Hi Karen, Congratulations! I am not sure, but I would think it is quite possible. I know they say that with subsequent pregnancies your symtoms and aches and pains often show up much earlier. I tend to have restless leg syndrome, especially during late pregnancy. It has not bothered me for quite a while, until I got pregnant again. It doesn't usually flare up until later in my pregnancy, but it has already been reminding me that it is on its way! Not a lot, but often enough that it has been bothering me. I know it is not the same as what you have been feeling, but not altogether different either. If you aren't too sure, then call your doctor and ask his/her opinion. Sounds like it could be normal for you though. I hope it doesn't last long, sounds like it is quite painful.

Michelle

Loving Mom to three

Michelle

Loving Mom to three rambunctious 

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-27-2009 - 4:26pm

Hi Karen,

Congratulations! I have that too, but it didn't show up until my last trimester. My doctor thinks it's sciatica - also the ligaments start to soften in that area to make room for baby. What I would suggest is sleeping on your side and/or putting a pillow between your legs when you rest or sleep. Also, try a heating pad or hot water bottle on the sore spots. You can take Tylenol, but check with your doctor before taking any other pain meds. I also put an insole into my boots that helped with arch support.

Hope this helps,
Heidi.