How old would you go - 2 have a baby?

iVillage Member
How old would you go - 2 have a baby?
Fri, 02-06-2009 - 1:01am

The recent post about the Canadian woman who was 60 and just gave birth to twins picqued my interest as to how old is "too old" to have a baby?

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-06-2009 - 12:31pm

That's a hard one. For me, I wouldn't want to have a baby after this one - I'm done!

But for others, I think the cut off should be 50. This woman almost died trying to have these children. Is that really worth it?

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-06-2009 - 5:00pm

Gosh, Rachelle - what a loaded question, especially with

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-06-2009 - 6:49pm

While I was pregnant, I came across an article in a magazine that cautioned women about freezing their eggs was not a panacea.

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-06-2009 - 7:54pm

I completely agree with you.

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-07-2009 - 4:53am

Hello. I agree with your posts concerning age and the octuplets lady. On the former question, I would maybe go to 47 and then call it a day. But that is very personal and entirly related to my current personal circumstances. When I was 20 I thought my sister-in-law, then aged 34, was pushing it when she got pregnant for the first time!!! I myself first got pregnant when I was 40 and am not expecting to even try to ttc #3 until I am 45...

On the octupets lady I feel very sorry for her 14 children. I find it hard to give quality time to two children who are 3 years apart, and have a DH for occasional relief. How much individual attention will her 14 children get, especially as she is single?

Torielle

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-07-2009 - 1:34pm

Hi there,

In answer to this question.. I'd have to say for me it was 42.. My daughter was a blessing at this age, a gift I never expected nor tried or asked for. But just going thru all the obstacles I did while carrying her I don't see even in the future another try.. I will enjoy my children and hopefully someday a grandchild or 2..

Sue

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-07-2009 - 3:12pm

Kimberley is growing so much, you'd never know that she was born a little early! OMG, she is sooo cute, Sue.

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-07-2009 - 11:26pm

Hi Rachelle,

Yes Kimberlee is sure growing great..Ya sure wouldn't know she was 5 lbs 8 oz at birth.. She's a doll. I am for sure enjoying her completely. She is doing so much these days, the newest thing is crawling and wow can she go lol.. She just got 2 teeth this past week. And boy does she like to eat..lol Eats her baby food and well then if she sees anyone eating anything ( and I mean anything) lol shes right there with her mouth open and if ya don't let her have some she yells lol..
As far as my son, he loves her. Even at 20 he takes time to play with her and make her laugh.. She adores him. Well Daddy on the other hand isn't as involved as I had hoped. But i deal with it. He used to see her often when a mutual friend (now his new GF) used to watch her and had to stop due to medical reasons. and well now that Kim is with a new sitter he sees her on ocasion.This past week her daddy had a heart attack at 39, thankfully he will be ok. Luckily they got it when they did cause if he didnt have this minor attack, the amount of blockage that was there would have killed him the dr said in about 2 months.. scarey crap.. Yes his ex-gf had a Lil boy in July. His name is Dalton. Kimberlee and I have yet to meet him. I do hope some day they will get a relationship between each other like she has with my son and her Dad's other son who is 8 ( when she sees him). But the baby's mother is being a "B" and well i can hope time will change things.
Your lil guy is a cutie.. I check out the pics ya post as I see them. Kim used to love to roll all over too and well then discovered crawling and also pulling herself up to try and stand .
Gonna end for now

Sue

Photobucket