few questions

iVillage Member
few questions
Sun, 02-22-2009 - 1:26am

I was just wondering..

*does the frequent peeing continue throughout the pregnancy?

*does nausea/vomiting typically start immediately or does it sometimes start a little later?

*is it okay to have an occasional caffeinated drink (I love hot chocolate especially this time of year)

John's wife and Michael and Jenna's mommy, my 3 blessings and another "surprise" blessing on the way, due October 11th!

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-22-2009 - 1:17pm

I can only speak for myself.

does the frequent peeing continue throughout the pregnancy?

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-22-2009 - 1:23pm

Hi Patty,

Here are my answers:

I didn't find this as I got into my 2nd tri-mester, but now I have to get up in the night to go as I only have 4 weeks left.

*does nausea/vomiting typically start immediately or does it sometimes start a little later?

Not with me. I was just really tired and wanted to eat all the time, and then at about 3-4 weeks, the morning sickness started. I never had vomiting with either pregnancy and some women don't get it at all.

*is it okay to have an occasional caffeinated drink (I love hot chocolate especially this time of year)

You can check with your doctor, but the guidelines I follow are less than 200 mg of caffeine a day. 1 cup of coffee has about 100 mg's, tea 50 mg's and hot chocolate 20mg's. Just remember that some pain meds and chocolate also have caffeine.

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-22-2009 - 3:41pm

Hey Patty!

Shelli, married to Jason for 18 years, mom to Derek(15), Alyssa(12), and Carly (2/26/09)

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-26-2009 - 6:24pm

These are my answers:

When I was pregnant, the peeing frequently was NON STOP. It seem to get worse the further along I got. When the baby gets bigger, it pushes on your kidneys making you have to go more often and feeling full.

You can have the "morning sickness" at any time during the pregnancy. With my first 3 children, I had morning, noon and night sickness NON STOP for the first trimester. <--this was in my early 20's. With my 4th child (in my 40's) I had night sickness for the first month or two and then didn't get it again until the last month of my pregnancy. So, it could happen any time during the pregnancy.

I am HOOKED on pepsi. Pregnant or not. I wake up to pepsi, I go to bed to pepsi. It's like an addiction. If I don't have my caffeine I get very very bad migraines. I didn't dare stop drinking it while I was pregnant either. I don't think I could have handled the migraines on top of the sickness. I drank pop with all 4 of my children. Nothing happened and nothing was wrong with any of them either.

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-01-2009 - 4:05pm

hmmm.. peeing.. lets see the frequency gets more and more, as the baby gets bigger, but the part I think is worse. is that if you sneeze or cough I used to have to cross my legs or I would pee on myself.. and I even after having the baby, that still can happen.. thats why they say kegal kegal kegal .. to help tone the floor muscles.

but as time passes it gets better... :)

dyan

My clan: Patrick Kathy, husband Ed, me, Eddie

Next row: Stephanie, Morgan Nick and baby Mikey on my lap

baby development

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-02-2009 - 10:57pm

I think these vary by the person and can even vary between pregnancies.....but here goes...