DS has Stomach Flu

iVillage Member
DS has Stomach Flu
Tue, 03-10-2009 - 5:57pm

My son Leland came down with the stomach flu on Friday night and I have just come back from the hospital where he was being treated for dehydration. We had planned his birthday party on Saturday which is early this year so that we could avoid my due date - the same say as his actual birthday. It has been such an awful weekend. We had to cancel his party and then some relatives came over on Sunday for a smaller party, but he was just so ill!

Anyway, I then went to my pre-natal appointment today while DH stayed at the hospital with my son. My OB was going to strip my membranes to get things going as I am due in two weeks. He decided to wait until next week as my husband and I were up most of the night and my OB didn't think it would be a good idea to go into labour with my son still being so sick.

I just pray that he feels better soon. It is going to be so much change for him, and I feel awful that he is so ill. Thanks for letting me vent!

Heidi.

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-15-2009 - 7:57am

Wow, how is your son feeeling now?

John's wife and Michael and Jenna's mommy, my 3 blessings and another "surprise" blessing on the way, due October 11th!

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-17-2009 - 9:22pm

Thanks Patty,

He is so much better now. My husband got sick too and I had a very mild case of it - so it looks like we are on the mend :) Just trying to get everything clean before baby comes.

Today, I had my 39 week appointment and not much has happened - just slightly dialated and softened, but you never know! Looking forward to meeting my little guy.

Heidi.