Bleeding...

iVillage Member
Bleeding...
Mon, 04-13-2009 - 8:21am

I started bleeding after sex on saturday.

iVillage Member
In reply to: kimbercup
Mon, 04-13-2009 - 9:48am
Early on in my pregnancy I also started bleeding after having sex and it was alot of blood (sorry for the TMI). I called my doctor and they told me the same thing, just stay off of my feet and to come in that Monday unless the bleeding continued, got worse or was accompanied by cramping, then I should go to the ER. Thankfully mine stopped, but it scared the crap out of me!! When I did see the doc, they put me on pelvic rest for the remainder of my first trimester (ie, no sex). Bleeding can happen after sex, so it is not that uncommon. If it continues I would call your doctor. Best wishes!!

iVillage name sig
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

iVillage name sig
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-13-2009 - 11:30pm
Sex can cause spotting and minor spotting is not untypical during 1st trimester. Is it enough to need a pad (more than a panty liner)?

Mindy

Expecting a Turkey Baby -11/28

My baby has grown so big in the last two weeks that

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-14-2009 - 7:08am

The first bleed, right after sex, filled the panty liner- actually it overflowed the panty liner.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-14-2009 - 1:10pm

During my first trimester I had alot of bleeding episodes. After sex, after a BM..sometimes just out of the blue. One of the incidents seemed like alot of blood to me and it was bright red-I went in and all was fine. I believe they were all just from my cervix being so sensitive.

I am in my second trimester now and the incidents seem to have stopped.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-14-2009 - 1:43pm

Thanks... that is very encouraging.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-14-2009 - 9:37pm
I am sure you must be worried, but there are a LOT of things that it can be and everything still be perfectly fine. Because you did see a good strong heartbeat just recently, then everything is likely perfectly fine. My first thought is just a sensitive cervix, and I have heard of this exact same scenario and no problems. The other is the possibility of a sub-chorionic hemorrhage, but don't worry, they are usually harmless if you take it easy. I would really like to see you get in to a doctor so they can give you a better idea of what is really going on with your precious one. I had one of those with my little girl, but everything was fine. In my case I did not even bleed with it, although that is usually how it is found. (They found mine on an u/s which was done because she wouldn't hold still for the doppler!) I know of several ladies who have bled through out pregnancy for no apparent reason and still had healthy babies at the end of it. Bottom line, while the sight of any blood during pregnancy can be scary, it is not necessarily a sign of anything seriously wrong and is actually quite common, even with healthy pregnancies. Do keep us posted on how you are doing, but I really think all is fine. ((((Hugs))))

Michelle

Loving Mom to three

Michelle

Loving Mom to three rambunctious