What do you think!?

iVillage Member
What do you think!?
Tue, 10-13-2009 - 12:39am

Good afternoon ladies!

I am 41 years old, TTC baby #2 and have been TTC for 4 months now without any positive results. My fertility history seems to be just fine, good actually, I conceived my first baby on the first cycle (I was 38 at the time and lost that baby to a miscarriage) and my daughter, who is 16 months now, we conceived in 4 months (she was a twin and I lost the other twin at 7 weeks).

My question to all of you is the following....Granted my fertility history is good, when should I see a Dr. regarding my fertility? Some people have told me that just because you turned 41 this year your fertility may go down a small percentage but it doesn't obviously fall to "0" just because you become 1 year older. This makes sense...and others have told me, the Dr's will tell me to give it more time because I have had great success with my other pregnancies.

Hmmm...shall I try two more cycles and then go see my Dr? Or should I just keep going assuming that because I got pregnant before so quickly it'll happen again for me, but it may take a little bit longer.

Nothing has changed in my health status since conceiving my daughter.

What do you all think?

Thanks in advance!

-Krystyne

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-13-2009 - 12:30pm
I think I'd call your doc.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-13-2009 - 1:15am
I would go see even tough all seems great, I would not wait after 40... Just my opinion : )
Jodi

~ Jodi ~